Alternate Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
Took an all grain class this weekend and learned a lot. Very fun and great people to hang out with. I found a good recipe to put together and bought all the stuff from the local shop. But they did not have Crystal Hops. So they subbed it with Hallertau or Hallertauer. Sound good.

Also got my carboy and all the goodies. Saturday we start the brew...

Cant wait.!!!!! :)

The hops decoder ring I use shows Mt. Hood, Hersbruker, Strisselsplat, Liberty, Hallertau as possible subs for Crystal. So I'd say yes.

Hallertau is suppose to be a real good flavor hop and a good aroma hop, i used it in my Dunkle and its great.

Oh... forgot my other question... I am brewing next week... so what do i do with the ingredients. Freezer, Refrig... etc... I have grain, hops, leaf hops, dry yeast

A week is not much to worry about.A dry cool place or refrigerate the yeast,dont know about leaf hops but i freeze my pellot hops.Cool dark place is fine.

Back