Looking for used glass beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdbrewct

Reaction score
Looking for used glass beer bottles, Amber or green color with pry off cap style, not twist off's. Willing to pick up from you and pay up to 10cents per. Contact me if you have any, I'm in East Hartford but willing to travel in a 50 mile radius.

[email protected]

Assuming your state has bottle deposit....just go down to local liquor store and ask to "buy" some empties. Mine lets me have all I want and I just give them 10 cent deposit. What's nice is I pick the ones that I know have easy to remove labels.

If you're still looking, I have a few cases of delabeled clean bottles, and a few cases of ones with labels still on. I'm happy to work out a trade for some homebrew or a six pack, or just about anything...

Wstbrewing

Wow. Wish I had seen this earlier. I dumped almost 4 cases of de-labeled beer bottles in the garbage about a week ago.

I'll check when I get home for how many I have. I'm sure my wife will be happy your asking.
They are all brown and labeled.
I work at Pratt so you can pick them up any workday during the day. I wouldn't ask anything for them but if you have any extra fittings to help along a tap system build, I'll take it :)

Assuming your state has bottle deposit....just go down to local liquor store and ask to "buy" some empties. Mine lets me have all I want and I just give them 10 cent deposit. What's nice is I pick the ones that I know have easy to remove labels.

+1 to this. That is how I got about 6 dozen Grolsch swing tops. Crazy Bruce's in Bristol will sell them back for the cost of deposit. For the Grolsch bottle's they would call and let me know when they had a bunch come in.

And actually, I gave away about 11 dozen amber bottles on craigslist a few weeks ago. Kegging is much preferred!

Still looking if any locals are still interested. Found a bunch, but need a bunch more

Back