Another Hard Cider question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tielson's

Reaction score
I just bought some priming sugar and i was wondering how i add this. do i add it to the primary? also how long do I wait to bottle after it is added? thanks

If your cider is finished fermenting, you can bottle as would be done for beer as far as I know (unless you've purposefully killed the yeast in order to sweeten it). You should dissolve however much priming sugar you want to use in water, boil it for a couple minutes then cool it, and finally add it to a bottling bucket if you have one. Then, you rack your cider on top of the sugar solution. This encourages mixing. Once you've finished racking, I like to mix again very gently with a sanitized spoon. Then you can fill bottles out of the bottling bucket's spigot. As soon as the sugar is mixed in with the cider, you are good to bottle. That was quick, but if you have more questions, we'll all be happy to try and answer them I'm sure. Best of luck!

Back