Hillary Dead At Hospital Of Heart Attack!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
Sir Edmund, that is.
The first white European to climb Everest.

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Sir Edmund Hillary, the unassuming beekeeper who conquered Mount Everest to win renown as one of the 20th century's greatest adventurers, died Friday. He was 88.

The gangling New Zealander devoted much of his life to aiding the mountain people of Nepal and took his fame in stride, preferring to be called Ed and considering himself an "ordinary person with ordinary qualities."

Hillary died at Auckland Hospital about 9 a.m. Friday from a heart attack, said a statement from the Auckland District Health Board. Though ailing in his later years, he remained active.

:p

When I saw this thread I was like "Holy Crap!!! How did I not hear about this yet!?!"

jerk.:p

sirsloop said:
Sir Edmund, that is.

Why not the first person? Are you suggesting that Tenzing Norgay beat him to the summit?

Boston said:
sirsloop said:
Sir Edmund, that is.

Why not the first person? Are you suggesting that Tenzing Norgay beat him to the summit?

c'mon now... I think its pretty obvious that the sherpa's own that mountain. Anybody that watches Everest beyond the limit has seen time and time again Sherpa's saving whitey's ass. :p I thought David Tate hit the nail on the head this past season. Phurba Tashi is WORLDS better at climbing than him, so why should Tate get the honors of being the first to double traverse? Just because he paid a Phurba to drag his ass to the summit a second time? :drunk:

Back