You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your "recycling" bucket is a 5 gallon Home Depot Bucket with oxyclean and water in it for delabeling. When the bucket fills up we rinse them and delabel.

why do i laugh when i see this? Lol

Double vision! 🍻🍺🍻

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397187693.556313.jpg

...When you walk around the neighborhood on recycling pick-up day, scouting for bottles. Then, upon finding a 6 pack of local craft brew bottles, you leave a note on the door begging for more!

He responded, even offering to save caps too! I told him I didn't need the caps, but I now have a bottle source that claims to put away 2-3 Sweetwaters a night.

When financial aspects of life finally go your way again & you can once more order brewing supplies! It was late November since I got anything to brew.:cross:

I decided to check out More Beer!'s AE kits to get the pipeline going again. Less time involved without mashing,etc. My middle son works 6 days a week,so maybe if I can start early I can squeeze off a batch before taking him to work. Then do the other one. I ordered their Irish red ale & an ESB. They come with a couple pounds of grains as well.

You decide to head to bed early to read the new complete joy of home brewing instead of watching tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm making two beers next weekend. But I can't work either of these in. I need some recipes for an oz topaz, an oz Willamette, and two oz Hallertau.

What am I going to do. Cant fit a brew in this weekend. or next weekend as vacation starts that friday. Might be able to squeak one in sunday the 4th. I am going to go into withdrawl at this rate.

You're seriously bummed ups rescheduled the delivery for your northern brewer order until tomorrow even though you have no plans to brew until the weekend.

All the more reason I'm very happyy well stocked LHBS is only 6 miles away!

Wife and I are moving next month, so I told myself I'll bottle the beer/wine/mead I've got fermenting and not do anything new until we get settled...

Fortunately the devil on my shoulder convinced me that there's still plenty of time for a quick pale ale :D

So As I've mentioned before, I buy big packages of brew gear to re-sell. This is how I supplement my hobby.

I just scored a bunch of amazing gear off CL last night... A 14.5 gal Blichmann conical fermenter. A 15 gallon Blichmann boilermaker with the false bottom. Another SS 15 gallon pot with welded fittings, SS ball valve and thermometer and a JayBird false bottom. Another unmodified 15+ gal SS pot, 13 ball lock corny kegs. 12 glass carboys (most are 6 and 6.5 gal some are new in the box) three 5 lb co2 tanks and two 20 lb tanks regulators... Propane burners, an un opened bag of 2 row. Plus a ton of other stuff.

I already have 3 Blichmann boiler makers and 6 SS fermenters, but I want to keep the boilermaker and conical... I'll make more than my money back plus profit and have those for free, but I don't need them.

So now I'm starting to wonder if I'm a homebrewer or a brew gear pack rat. Ugh! Now I know how hoarders get started!

Oh, and to make things worse... There's this really rare corny keg. It's 5 gal ball lock with a racetrack lid. It's like my 10 gal corny just short. The thing fits into my max cold cooler like a glove. Now I want to keep it and have TWO portable kegerators. One that does two beers (two 3 gal kegs) and this one for a single tap. I DONT NEED TWO! But I want them... Lmao

image.jpg

If gear hoarding is a sin, I'm going to home brew hell.

When your old man, who you introduced to home-brew and craft beer, says that both have ruined him drinking any commercial beer.

How do you get the plants out at the end of the year I'm confused, definitely a waste of a perfect carboy tho

Am I still considered a home brewer if I'm considering selling this vs keeping it?

image.jpg

All the parts are inside, so it's complete... I know this is like a "dream" item for most home brewers, and I can basically have it for free, but I'm torn... What a horrible problem I have. Haha

To summarize:

Two weeks ago, searching the freezer for sausages. Found an ounce of Topaz and an ounce of Willamette.

One week ago, searching the freezer for sausages. Found an ounce of Hallertauer.

This week, searching the freezer for Citra, found sausages. (Also found the Citra)

Someone needs to clean out their freezer at least once a year;)

When you lose money at poker night, but the worst part was when one of your homebrews foamed over when giving it to another card player :(

Still awfully tasty though :D

Latest posts

Back