NB AK47 kit any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
hey guys I just bought my first recipe kit (AK47) after 3 years of brewing all HBT database and scratch recipes. I did this because I wanted to try something different and I wanted to support NB since they pretty much make brewing tv happen, I love that show, lol. Anyways I just wanted to ask if anyone has brewed that recipe and can tell me what its like. If not what can I expect from a british pale mild in general? This will be my first attempt at this style. What water profile would fit this beer well? Burton? Thanks for any info.

I brewed this back in November. It was only $17.50 so i added it to my order just for kicks. I was great. I since then have brewed 3 more english milds/bitters, and have been pleased with every one them.

As far as taste, think about a beer that is light and drinkable, but not at all tasteless or boring. It's like the weight of a light beer (less carbonation though and warmer than BMC), but with actual esters from the yeast and some mild hop flavor. It's nice.

thanks for the info mlg, also I like the 2011 running totals in your sig, I'm gonna hijack that idea from you, it'll make it easy to keep track of how much i brew this year.

I just picked up the ingredients for this recipe at my LHBS, can't wait to brew it. I actually emailed Dawson on Brewing TV to get his honest opinion, and he loves it. I plan on pseudo-casking the beer with my new Cubitainers. We'll see how it turns out.

I brewed this about a month ago so its bottle conditoning right now. It was my second brew ever the sample I tried when I bottled seemed ok. I wonder about the recipe as it includes a pound of corn sugar but I'm sure it will be fine. I really like how cheap it was. I will let you know what I think when I try it.

Back