Haven't brewed extract in a while and need a little help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWN

Reaction score
My father in law bought me this kit :
http://www.defalcos.com/component/content/article/184.html

He knew I was into brewing but didn't know the diference between extract and all grain. I am going to brew it but haven't done an extract in quite a while and have the ability to do full boils now. Should I steep the grains in the full 6.5 gallons or less? I am assuming that adding the extract at the beginning of a full boil would basically be the same as a late additon in a partial boil. How should I adjust my hops? Anything else I might have forgotten? Thanks.:mug:

Not sure about the steeping, but I would definately split the extract additions. I have found that the longer boil times darkens the brew. Do a late addition of the extract and make sure that you mix the hell out of it so that it is completely broken down so that your OG is not off. Remember to add extract with the flame off and be carefull of the boilover!

Back