The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always said that as much as initially there would be chaos, humans are pack animals. If society broke down for some reason, the majority of survivors would be looking for other people to join with. In my experience, most people look for leaders because they don't want to be in that position or know they can't step up to the challenge.

I liked the episode, I've been waiting so long to see Morgan, I thought there was a plot hole. I was disappointed Morgan didn't leave with Rick, but everything in the episode made sense, which is a BFD with this show. They leave the hitch-hiker because they're afraid of the dead weight and then then see he's been ripped apart and stop to get the bag of whatever he was carrying. I was also satisfied to see Carl shoot Morgan, he's definitely becoming a survivor, but was humbled when Michonne had to save his ass in the restaurant.

Edit: I'm watching Talking Dead and they explained that producers wanted Morgan to return last season, but the actor was too busy to do it. It makes me wonder if they intended to bring back Morgan in a different manner or if they intended to have it pan out similarly.

Edit: I'm watching Talking Dead and they explained that producers wanted Morgan to return last season, but the actor was too busy to do it. It makes me wonder if they intended to bring back Morgan in a different manner or if they intended to have it pan out similarly.

Yeah, Lennie James is one of the busiest actors no one knows. I've liked him ever since he did Jericho, and learned in real life he's got a heavy British/Trinidadian accent in real life. He seems to turn up in every cop or sci-fi or post holocaust thing there is. He's been doing a British Cop show the last couple years. IMDB

Jamie N Commons - Lead Me Home

Thanks! It was awesome.

I really enjoyed this episode and was glad to see Morgan again. I wonder if that is the last we will see of him or if he will get run out of his little one man town and go looking for the prison Rick told him about. My vote goes to that is not the last time we will see him.

They should really switch things up and allow Tyrese do his thing with the governor while Morgan replaces Tyrese's role in the Comics. This way, when the Governor inevitably dies, Tyrese's group will be the new opposition.

The fact that he's still alive leaves the door open to a return. I do agree with ABG in that it seems like they left it where people would be okay with this being a conclusion. The same goes for the entire episode. They did a good job of creating an episode that was pretty much standalone. It was a good, clean, eventful sidestory. With the past few weeks' episodes where it just seemed like they were bridging the gap from the past to something they haven't written yet, last night was refreshing, and well made.

I liked the piece with the guy with the backpack. Gave a good picture of what the reality of humanity might become in the post apocalypse.

I feel like it is. Too much symbolism in this episode. All that talk about "clearing" and never apologizing makes me think his story has been wrapped up.

Depending on what they do about the Governor, Morgan might be back. He's got too much weaponry, I could see a Governor scout team finding the town and fighting him.

I agree with most about the hitchhiker. That was cruel and inhumane.

They are making it hard to even like the characters now, with Rick going nuts. Michone being such a loner, though bad ass. Glen being a little crazy. Andrea being the typical power whore she's always been... Hell even the Governor is willing to take people in and he's a total psycho. I definitely don't like the way the group is going.

Awesome episode though.

Good episode. I enjoyed it almost as much as the promo where Daryl shoots a zombie and has to clean up the mess for the lady of the house.

Roadliner said:

They are making it hard to even like the characters now, with Rick going nuts. Michone being such a loner, though bad ass. Glen being a little crazy. Andrea being the typical power whore she's always been... Hell even the Governor is willing to take people in and he's a total psycho. I definitely don't like the way the group is going.

Awesome episode though.

I actually feel like Michone has been making an effort to adapt to the group dynamic in the last few episodes and especially last nights. Her helping Carl get the picture from the diner and telling Rick her personal story about talking to herself and hearing voices.

Airborneguy said:
I feel like it is. Too much symbolism in this episode. All that talk about "clearing" and never apologizing makes me think his story has been wrapped up.

You could be right but I kinda hope not. I liked his character before but like him even better now that he's gone crazy and started collecting crates of grenades.

I actually feel like Michone has been making an effort to adapt to the group dynamic in the last few episodes and especially last nights. Her helping Carl get the picture from the diner and telling Rick her personal story about talking to herself and hearing voices.

plus, her apparent ninja moves? How the hell did she get on that roof so quickly? And into and out of that walker den so fast?

The blade she carries, is it considered a katana?

Awesome episode though.

You have to consider thought processes here, and I think the episode definitely was meant to show different realities of the same situation.

As far as dealing with the hitchhiker, Rick was on a mission and didn't need another person's hand to hold and pull through everything, a liability. The governor takes people in because he views people as a commodity, he's not worried about space or food or water because the town seems to have plenty.

I think when Morgan mentioned all the weak people inherited the earth, it kinda described the Governor as well. He did keep his daughter alive. Probably because like Morgan he couldn't kill his family.

Revvy said:
I agree about the hitchhiker. I think Rick needs to stop isolating his group and start integrating with more survivors. As much as the governor is a psychopath, he proves that you can have a workable community that looks after each other, and attempts to re-build society.

My fiancée and I were discussing this last night. I am on Ricks side. You never know people's intentions. My focus would be on keeping my family safe. The risk of bringing on someone like the governor doesn't outweigh the chance of having another helping hand.

Not entirely sure. I took his "clearing" reference as this is his mission in life now. He's set up his walker traps. Now he spends his days clearing the traps and burning the bodies in that lot.

Also, didn't Rick have to fight his way through that same lot in Season 1? Was I imagining that? The lot looked familiar.

They mentioned on Talking Dead that "clear" most likely had several different meanings:

*Literally clearing the walkers
*Clearing someone to be able to trust them
*Clearing one's own conscience

...etc...etc.

Good episode. It was nice to have a break from the prison/Woodbury storyline and find out what happened to Morgan. I also enjoyed having an episode where Michonne does something besides scowl the whole time.

Was Morgan's repeated mentioning of "clearing" a Scientology reference? Was that something from the first episode about him I missed?

I think it was just the crazy coming out. With everyone he knows dead, he's established a daily routine that he has to follow to keep himself safe...and probably just to keep his mind occupied.

Overall I liked last night's episode, but I do need to point out the cheesiness...

So...The hitch hiker survived for over a year, but gets killed after seeing Rick and the group? What happened? Did he forget everything that he learned over the past year + to keep him alive?

WTF was up with the diner? Did all of those people die and turn during morning coffee?

Overall I liked last night's episode, but I do need to point out the cheesiness...

So...The hitch hiker survived for over a year, but gets killed after seeing Rick and the group? What happened? Did he forget everything that he learned over the past year + to keep him alive?

I was thinking the same thing. Running down the road yelling "HEY! HEY!!!" isn't great for subtlety.

Just saw an interview online that suggested that Morgan might be back, that they might "check in on him from time to time".

WTF was up with the diner? Did all of those people die and turn during morning coffee?

My best guess was the guy walking along the road recently became alone, though its hard to say because he's clearly there for some symbolism because even though the group took his bag, they could have easily found a bag or the same supplies without the guy being written in.

As for running down the road yelling, he could have been either desperate or never was the survivalist of a group but happened to be stranded or the last one to live. Like Morgan said, the weak have inherited everything.

I totally agree on both points.

When they rolled the cages into the diner my wife and I were like, "What the hell? They're all sitting at the tables!" I think that was just subtle comic relief. If I really had to speculate, maybe it was another chance to show that the "zombies" aren't totally without capacity to think. Maybe they still remember what chairs and tables are for and just instinctively sat down.

When they rolled the cages into the diner my wife and I were like, "What the hell? They're all sitting at the tables!" I think that was just subtle comic relief. If I really had to speculate, maybe it was another chance to show that the "zombies" aren't totally without capacity to think. Maybe they still remember what chairs and tables are for and just instinctively sat down.

It has been around 3 years now hasn't it? I think the walkers were just trapped in there and went dormant.

Laurie got pregnant at the first location I think and lil ass kicker is still an infant so I'm thinking its only been a year or so.

I forgot to mention that I loved when someone asked the Talking Dead "Why didn't Carl get a picture of Shane so Judith could have a picture of her dad, too?" Too funny.

The last episode was nice because you actually saw the danger and pain of the survivors. Strange that the entire episode was basically only 4 characters but I was getting tired of the Woodbury characters.

I lose interest in the show when the plot goes away from the premise of survival and rebuilding a life among walkers.

the last episode was nice because you actually saw the danger and pain of the survivors. Strange that the entire episode was basically only 4 characters but i was getting tired of the woodbury characters.

I lose interest in the show when the plot goes away from the premise of survival and rebuilding a life among walkers.

+1

My comment about the crawling torso in the first episode, coincidentally the same episode when he originally met Morgan:

Really? That may be what sealed the deal for me to watch it. When Rick comes back and says, "I'm sorry this has happened to you," still is one of my favorite scenes.
Anybody else notice he said the EXACT SAME THING to an unconscious Morgan?

SPOILER ALERT........SPOILER ALERT!

Guess who is back!?
Unfortunately, they kind of spoiled it on the "Previously on..." part. It was obvious the guy was going to be Morgan.

Not to mention Carl tells Rick that he thinks she's one of them now.

plus, her apparent ninja moves? How the hell did she get on that roof so quickly? And into and out of that walker den so fast?

The blade she carries, is it considered a katana?

The "ninja moves" just felt like poor editing. And yes, it's a katana.

It has been around 3 years now hasn't it? I think the walkers were just trapped in there and went dormant.

Another flashback for me to the very first episode. Remember Morgan's zombie wife was trying to open the door to HER house. Unfortunately, I think these are just errors in logic rather than actually signifying anything special.

Unfortunately, they kind of spoiled it on the "Previously on..." part. It was obvious the guy was going to be Morgan.

"Previously on" and "Next week on" seriously pisses me off on any show, and I go to great lengths to avoid this info for the weak minded.....especially the "Next week on" Where they pretty much give away the entire next episode. Why the hell would I watch it after you showed me what is going to happen!!?? Do you HONESTLY think you are being vague enough that we can't fill in the blanks of your predictable plot writing!!?? Oh, Grrrr!

"Previously on" and "Next week on" seriously pisses me off on any show, and I go to great lengths to avoid this info for the weak minded.....especially the "Next week on" Where they pretty much give away the entire next episode. Why the hell would I watch it after you showed me what is going to happen!!?? Do you HONESTLY think you are being vague enough that we can't fill in the blanks of your predictable plot writing!!?? Oh, Grrrr!

I actually have very poor memory of last week's "Next Week" and this week's "Previously On".

The only thing I remember is the "Previously on..." showing clips of Laurie and Rick seeing her ghost.

One of the best episodes last night. If I had to rank it, I would rank it #3. Pilot episode #1 and when Sophie exits the barn #2.

The final scene of picking up the backpack was super funny. Especially the way they reiterated it on Talking Dead.

Rick needed Morgan to bring him back from crazytown.

I didn't know Morgan was British. Doesn't bother me....just didn't know. Those traps were an awesome idea that Morgan created. I wonder if Rick's group will borrow any of those ideas for the prison.

Back