What was the best beer kit (or recipe) you have made yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtown25

Reaction score
I know this is going to be a subjective instead of objective post, but trying to get ideas for my next batch and want to hear different kits/recipes I may not have heard of yet and how they tasted turned out. So think of your "Venice Di Milo" of beers and share!!!:mug:

P.S.- oh, and Union, we all know that yours is your Sunset APA!!!:D

Is that good or bad? Tired of hearing me preach? I just bottled my IPA yesterday,which shares the same malt profile with my Sunset Gold APA. So my APA got jiggy with my IPA on the OG as the sun gets warm,on my form. It looked/smelled like it gunna be another winner.

The best kit I've brewed has been the DOZE Black IPA available at Morebeer.com. It tasted fantastic! Every recipe I brewed up to that point called for WLP001, so I decided to split the batch in half and ferment one with WLP001 and the other with the White Labs Pacific Ale yeast...WLP001 was way better according to 90% of the people the tried it.

I'd have to say the best kit I've brewed is Diamond Knot IPA from homebrewheaven.com. Midwest's Amarillo Pale Ale was a very close second. The best beers I've brewed have been my own recipes, a CDA you can find listed under my recipes, and an amazing brown and an IPA (pm me if you want the recipe, I haven't gotten around to posting either of those yet).

kits for us other than 1 batch following the blood orange hefe receipe. just finished brewing 2 batches of the brewers best red ale. these 2 are the 7th and 8th time we've brewed that kit. we try to always have that one available on tap.

we've always had good luck with any of the brewers best kits.

So far the best kit I've had has been the caribou slobber from northern brewer. Its an American brown and also a clone of big sky's moose drool.

Same here WCrooker, but I have only gotten into 2 of my batches so far and think my Cucumber Blonde Ale or Amarillo IPA may give it a run for the money..

At this stage, the biggest hit has been the AHS Double Wit. It was delicious and a huge hit at my birthday party last week-end! Beware ye of sneaky alcohol, though. All the women loved it but their S.O.s were carrying them off by the night.

I made many people drunk that night.

caribou slobber was pretty darn good and so was inn keeper with the special yeast from wyeast, both from Northern Brewer.

I brewed AHS's Saison Dupont clone. I compared it head to head with the real thing and it was very close. Except I liked mine better.

kits for us other than 1 batch following the blood orange hefe receipe. just finished brewing 2 batches of the brewers best red ale. these 2 are the 7th and 8th time we've brewed that kit. we try to always have that one available on tap.

we've always had good luck with any of the brewers best kits.

Edie, blood orange hefe??

Edie, blood orange hefe??

Jason- I think he may be referring to the recipe from Sam of Dogfishhead brewery. In his book Extreme Brews. Either buy the book or go to the bookstore one day and check it out. I plan on doing it soon, just don't know if my grocery stores have blood oranges in stock right now.

A simple porter base with a half gal of aeropressed Leopard Forest Zimbabwean coffee added at bottling. AMAZING!

Back