Great Taste of the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motobrewer

I'm no atheist scientist, but...
Reaction score
Two weeks away and not a single thread about it?

Who's going?! This will be my first year. I plan on never leaving the real ale tent.

Good idea with the real ale tent. It gets packed fairly quickly though. I'll be there this year. Waited in line at 5am at Tyranenna to get my tickets.

All I can say is pace yourself. I went with a buddy of mine who's a heavy drinker a few years ago, and he was laying in the grass by the lake after about 2 hours.

one other dude?

i thought this was supposed to be a big event. like, one of the biggest fests in the nation.

I'll be there with my beer snob friends and some guys from beer club. Last year I vowed to dedicate at least two hours to the real ale tent so that is where you will find me.

crap, yeah what was i thinking.

company golf outing is this weekend. confused....

ok, well, 10 days away, who's getting antsy?? :)

I am. And by the way... for those of you who are making a trip out of this even (weekend thing).... if you don't already know, Friday night is "pre-great taste" night at a lot of locations in Madison. I think it's mostly meant for people who didn't get tickets, but I go every year. You'll find a lot of the better breweries scattered around at different locations serving some of their hard to find beers. Of course...you have to pay per beer, so it gets pricey, but it's fun either way.

Last year was my first year and I must say, it is by far the best and biggest beer fest I have been to...it was absolutely amazing. I am fortunate enough to have a good friend that owns a liquor store so we get free tickets.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year and it kills me. I am running a marathon this October and I have a half marathon this Saturday to prepare for the big one. I was looking forward to this event all year.

To everyone going, have a few for me. I am jealous beyond belief. (insert sad face here)

Last year was my first year and I must say, it is by far the best and biggest beer fest I have been to...it was absolutely amazing. I am fortunate enough to have a good friend that owns a liquor store so we get free tickets.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year and it kills me. I am running a marathon this October and I have a half marathon this Saturday to prepare for the big one. I was looking forward to this event all year.

To everyone going, have a few for me. I am jealous beyond belief. (insert sad face here)

Last year was the worst year for me. It was ungodly hot and humid, plus all the mud was horrible.

This year looks like it's going to be about the same. I've only been to one great taste when it was perfect weather at 78F and sunny. They really need to concider changing the date. Either June or September would be fantastic.

maybe closer to 5". they had a mark about 2/3 up marking 0.2 l. most were pouring under that.

it's a cool glass, stein style. i'll post a pic when i get home.

My friend grabbed one, walked halfway up and realized his was cracked. he grabbed another one that was cracked too, lol. 3rd time was the charm.

they had a booth that was selling past years glasses. they were all cool, but it was nice to have a handle ;)

I like last years glass better because I can put it in my holster. The mug is nice, but I didn't like the logo this year. I dropped mine on the walk back into madison anyways.

Back