Bomber bottle tree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdawson9

Reaction score
Newbie brewer here. Have my third batch in the fermenter. I hate bottling so when I decided to get back into brewing after 8 years after my first batch, I started buying brews in bomber bottles from total wine. That cuts down on the volume of bottle. But the issue is how to work with this big size? I haven't seen a bottle tree that can handle this size. I don't really have time to build my own. I want to be able to sanitize and let them drip dry a bit before bottling. I also fear that the dishwasher won't truly sanitize these 22 ouncers since no one seems confident that 12 ouncers get sanitized in there. Any good tips on how to handle?
Thanks!!

If you use Star San to sanitize there is no need to let drip dry at all. I don't have and have never used a bottle tree. I always use Star San and bottle into the foam and have never had any offer flavors or issues for what it's worth.

My bombers fit the standard bottle tree fine. They also worked in the dishwasher. No issues.

I use a bottle tree with my bombers when I wash and dry them. No problems. When I bottle I spray my dishwasher with star san. Dip my bottles in star San for a min or so and store in he dishwasher. I do this because I bottle over the dishwasher. Easy access to bottles and easy clean up.

What are these "bomber bottles" of which you speak?? Are they different from regular old 22 oz. bottles?
Pez.

don't use a tree. I use iodophor. I just rinse, empty, and let sit upright. After about 5 minutes, I just pour out the little bit that has settled at the bottom and fill. No need to get every bit out.

I've never used a tree, but it would just be one extra thing I would have to sanitize.

Back