Porter Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker918

Reaction score
I have finished a porter recipe and was seeking some advice. I aged the porter in the primary for 4 weeks and has been in the bottles carbonating for 3 weeks. I tried one tonight and it tasted great, so thanks for all the helpful posts.

Generally speaking, would the porter continue to improve with room temperature aging or do yall suggest I pop the beers in the fridge and let them age in there. Thanks in advance.

Chuck em in the fridge. The yeast will fall out of suspension after a couple weeks and the flavors will mellow and blend together. Kinda like how lasagna is better the day after.

Try leaving a few out in the room temp and put them aside to put into the fridge in a month or so. It will amaze you the difference in taste maturation as time goes on. The 3 weeks in the bottle to carbonate is the MINIMUM you should leave it at room temp. It benefits from further time at room temp. Then as RC said, leave it in the fridge for a while to let the yeast drop out and smooth out the flavors. BTW let us know your recipe, it sounds like its pretty good based on your initial tasting.

Latest posts

Back