What is everyone's favorite style of beer to drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival178

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite style of beer to drink? Mine is a nice Pale Ale

Looking for ideas on my next batch.....

Matt

Ever since i had Victory's Golden Monkey I've been a big fan of Belgian triples. I really want to get to Monk's Cafe in Philly. Anyone here been there? Just brewed a Belgian Abby and gonna work my way up to a triple.

ESB and Porter are my two favorite styles to drink. Between the two of them they make up half of what I have in my fridge right now.

Belgian-style Quad. (Rochefort 10, St-Bernardus 12., Unibroue's Trois-Pistoles...)
Sweet stout
Barleywine

I've been debating with myself for the past couple of minutes and I came to the conclusion that I can't rightly pick a favorite style. But if I had to pick one style to drink the rest of me life, I'd probably go with Irish Red.

I cant say I have one particular beer that is my favorite, but I do tend to lean towards variations of IPA and in one sitting I imbibe them from least hoppy to most.

I prefer an American Pale Ale, followed by IPA, the order actually flip flops about every quarter just to keep my toungue off guard. add in a nice hefe for variety here and there...

IPAs for me. Will be picking up ingredients for a Stone Ruination IPA clone on Saturday. Busy weekend for me. Saturday=Bottling day and Sunday=Brew Day

Matt

constantly changing but if i had a supply of german style pilsner and english bitter i could live

IPA is probably my favorite style, but I tend to drink whater is seasonal. I try to drink as many different styles as possible, so that way I never get tired of a single style.

Ordinary Bitters at cellar temps are first on my list. I like a good APA too.

I waffle around on my tastes, a good Dobbelbock, Porter, Stout, I like the darker beers usually. A good barley wine will definitely get a nod. I'm not a huge fan of most pale ales or pilsners, but then there are times, such as when having a nice plate of spicy nachos where a really stout pale ale is absolutely the best.

I have been a big fan of Oktoberfest, Irish Red ales for the most part. I starting to get into stouts and I think sweet stouts might be to my liking. I tried Dragon Stout a month or so back and I have really enjoyed the few I have had.

I'm thinking IPA's would be up there with specialty beers behind it and mix in some robust porters with a little bavarian hefe's atm. But it's hard to say- I move around a lot.

A super hoppy American IPA would be my first gut reaction

BUT

deep down I love beers with super complex malt, esters and spicy phenols. Belgian Dubbel and Weizenbock

Weizenbock is a freaking awesome style that is under utilized. If your unfamiliar with this style try an Aventinus. Weizenbock is the shiznit!

Back