Keggerator building water in bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Please

Reaction score
I have a Keggerator that I built from a standard fridge freezer 3 or 4 years ago and it keeps building up water in the bottom of the fridge area.

Any idea what would be causing it?

I converted a mini fridge with a freezer plate i had to bend out of the way. i think condensation builds on the freezer plate, melts, then pools at the bottom of the fridge.

I got one of those mini-humidifiers you plug in after they fill with moisture, but it doesnt seem to be helping much...:confused:

More than likely the door seal is allowing moist air to infiltrate, freeze on the cold plate and then thaw and accumulate on the bottom. You're always going to get some condensate, no matter what you do, as the cold plate temp is below the dew point and you can't keep all the moist air out, but excessive amounts tend to point to a leaking door seal.

More than likely the door seal is allowing moist air to infiltrate, freeze on the cold plate and then thaw and accumulate on the bottom. You're always going to get some condensate, no matter what you do, as the cold plate temp is below the dew point and you can't keep all the moist air out, but excessive amounts tend to point to a leaking door seal.

I think you may be right about the leaking seal, because it does not always close correctly. I will look into fixing this and see if the problem is solved, thanks.

Back