Freaking Out in Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your head down brew brother. That meter maid is looking to come right over you give or take 50mi from the latest track. Let us all know how you make out. We're here with you.

My head's pretty much down thanks, but it's hard to resist taking a peek outside.

I'm watchin this convoy on TV just now...looks like about 200 trucks from FEMA rolling into Houston 10 hours ahead of landfall! Wonder what got a bee up their butt? ;)

El Pistolero said:
My head's pretty much down thanks, but it's hard to resist taking a peek outside.

I'm watchin this convoy on TV just now...looks like about 200 trucks from FEMA rolling into Houston 10 hours ahead of landfall! Wonder what got a bee up their butt? ;)

Those hard working men and women are going to be thirsty! Better have something on-hand.

El Pistolero said:
Well, I live in a jungle, so I imagine it would taste like pine, bird poo, and squirrel pee. :(

Besides, I've already renamed my next batch to Meter Maid's Scotch Ale. :D

<homer j simpson>Mmmmm...squirrel pee...agrllllgrr...</hjs>

catfish.jpg

Is this your catfish from the fishing trip?

Caplan said:
catfish.jpg

Is this your catfish from the fishing trip?

LOL...where'd that pic come from?

Could you imagine lying in bed and seeing that thing come through the ceiling at you?

Hope all you on the Gulf Coast are alright!!

Just a little mushroom brew induced spectacular for pesto boy.

Hope him and the rest of the population in those areas bounce back quickly.

I am back home now, but I have no electricity. I have the wife riding a manual generator while I am on the net. Seriously, I am told it will be Oct. 7 before I get electricity back. I lost some frozens stuff, but have saved the beer. How ya doing EP?

Glad to hear all's as well as can be expected. No sign of EP since the other night before the Meter maid hit town. Sure he's out of power too.

Wayne Havens said:
I am back home now, but I have no electricity. I have the wife riding a manual generator while I am on the net. Seriously, I am told it will be Oct. 7 before I get electricity back. I lost some frozens stuff, but have saved the beer. How ya doing EP?

I feel for you. Being without power SUCKS. You will want to kiss the power men when you see them rolling through your neighborhood. I was lucky enough to go for about a month w/o power last year between all the storms...

Eskram said:
I feel for you. Being without power SUCKS. You will want to kiss the power men when you see them rolling through your neighborhood. I was lucky enough to go for about a month w/o power last year between all the storms...
Yes, being without power really sucks. What sucks even worse is sitting in your blacked out house watching the people across the street enjoy their power for two days before yours finally comes on. :mad:

But what really really sucks is when you finally do get power back after 84 hours, and you sit down to catch up on 3 days of work and your pc dies after 5 minutes. :mad: :mad:

HE'S ALIVE!!! Croc clips on the neck bolts, apply leccy and EP returns!!!!!

Wayne Havens said:
Hey Wayne, feel free to bring the family over for some AC and TV...bring the sleeping bags too. 3 1/2 days just about did me in...can't even imagine two weeks, but I can give you some good hints on how to properly threaten and intimidate the power company.

El Pistolero said:
Hey Wayne, feel free to bring the family over for some AC and TV...bring the sleeping bags too. 3 1/2 days just about did me in...can't even imagine two weeks, but I can give you some good hints on how to properly threaten and intimidate the power company.
Thanks for the offer EP, but I am staying with a friend in Humble. Can't leave my kids in the heat like that. I tried to point my gun at the light company but they couldn't see it through the phone line........................

Glad you guys made it through. The world would be a noticeably less funny place without you. Sorry to hear about your computer, P. You didn't miss any pictures of Walker's wife siphoning. I hear it will be educational. Can't wait. I've about forgotten how. Gotta go. My star is about to hit the atmosphere. :drunk: :drunk:

Glad you guys dodged the bullet..well almost. It really looked looked like it was going to hit us all dead center. E.P. at least you didn't get caught in the mass exodus. Man, what bad advice. Who in there right mind would tell you to leave when you couldn't.

After cooling off for a couple of days...I got off pretty easy. Wayne won't have power for another week! And DeRoux...his town was hit dead center. I've got some friends who were neighbors of his, and they're not even letting them back in for another two weeks at least. Here's hoping he and his family are OK.

Amen. Hope they are all ok. He just bought that new 3 tier system didn't he. Hope it's alright too.

Just got to thinking that If he had flood insurance he's got proof of his system on this board . Don't forget to remind him he has pics of it here.

I'm sure he is probably worried more about his home. He was so excited about his brew system. It's a damn shame.

Back