Recommendations New Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm brewing my 3rd brew tomorrow, a Vanilla Bourbon Stout. I picked up my grain bill and am ready to go (doing a BIAB).

Because I'm only doing 1-Gallon batches at a time, I'm going to have some leftover hops (Goldings and Williamette). With that said, I want to incorporate the leftover Goldings and Williamette into my next brew. Being incredibly new to this hobby, I'd appreciate some suggestions on a recipe (1-Gallon).

Is there a site you can go to that you can input your "ingredients," and they can spit a recipe back to you?

Any/all suggestions welcomed...Looking to do an ale. Have already down an English Brown Ale and an IPA.

Not aware of any site like that but it would be a cool resource. When I saw your left over hops I immediately though of the Brewing Network - Can you brew it - Moose Drool clone I made. It was phenomenal... just google-ize it and I'm sure you can scale it down. Cheers!

Is there a site you can go to that you can input your "ingredients," and they can spit a recipe back to you? QUOTE]

Nope, *I haven't found a site like that* You will have to check out the recipe section to snag an idea.

goldings and willamette would go great in an english pale ale, IMO. there's a ton of recipes available online, and right here on HBT for english pale ale, even if they don't call for golding and willamette, you can replace the hops with what you have.

Put the hops in the freezer. They will keep fine for a year. Brew what you want and use the hops when you have a need for them.

That said, as NB noted, the hops are perfect for an English pale Ale, or any English style beer (Pale Ale, Stout, Porter, Barleywine).

You could also use those beers in most Belgian styles.

Grab some pilsner malt and make a tripel. 3lbs pilsner malt mashed at 150 for an hour. Boil 90 minutes with a 0.5oz Williamette addition at 60, 0.125oz Goldings at 20 and 0.125oz Goldings at flameout. Ferment with Belgian strain of choice.

You could also use those beers in most Belgian styles.

Grab some pilsner malt and make a tripel. 3lbs pilsner malt mashed at 150 for an hour. Boil 90 minutes with a 0.5oz Williamette addition at 60, 0.125oz Goldings at 20 and 0.125oz Goldings at flameout. Ferment with Belgian strain of choice.

Now we're talkin...I loooooooooooooooooove a Belgian Tripel.
How long of a fermentation are we talking though? Are Belgian Tripels/Dubbles something that need to ferment for like, 13 years? Hahahha

Now we're talkin...I loooooooooooooooooove a Belgian Tripel.
How long of a fermentation are we talking though? Are Belgian Tripels/Dubbles something that need to ferment for like, 13 years? Hahahha

If done right, fermentation is over in a few days. In the bottle in 4 to 6 weeks. Could be drinking it in 8 to 10 weeks, but generally will improve if left in the bottle for 6 months or more.

If done right, fermentation is over in a few days. In the bottle in 4 to 6 weeks. Could be drinking it in 8 to 10 weeks, but generally will improve if left in the bottle for 6 months or more.

Mmmmmm. Belgian Tripel. Get in my belly.

Back