Guinness Foreign Extra and Kilkenny Irish Cream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Picked up a bottle of Guinness Foreign Extra and 4 tall boys of Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale (pictures below) while in Ireland this week. Waiting for them to chill a while and taste. Pretty excited, two Irish brews I've never tried before. Anyone had these?

guinnessforeign.jpg

kilkenny.jpg

Yea, had some northstar... was quite popular in the pubs, it was great, but I love guinness any shape or form. I made sure to hit everything on tap at least once. Guinnes, Bulmers, Murphies, Harp Lager and Carlsburg Lager.... mmm, what a trip.

Yes, and I don't like cream flow heads so I don't repeat.
I'll drink standard Guinness but I'm sceptical about the spin offs being marketing ploys and don't like it that much to make me try them.

Well, the foreign extra stout was great, fantastic as a matter of fact. Same goes for the kilkenny.. really enjoyed my drinking experience last night. I have to of the kilkenny's left for when my caramel cream ale is done so I can compare a professional cream with mine.

The extra stout is one of my personal favs. But I like my stouts sweet as compared to dry. To bad it so dang difficult to brew a clone of this stuff since you have to sour some of it to get it right and I just don't like adding stuff to my brew that has the posiblity to kill the whole thing.

Back