carboy cooling jacket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyHannas

Reaction score
i swear i saw an ad on here for an electrically cooled jacket that fits over a carboy but ive been searching here all day and cant seem to find it anywhere. am i crazy or something?

That would be awesome down here in Florida. I would buy it in a heart beat...if it ever goes on to the market.

It would be nice if they printed the wattage consumed per/sq ft of area as well a larger version available to wrap a conical.
If it's working off a peliter concept it would be a energy pig.

I hope I'm not insulting a member on here but that website is not nearly as informative as it needs to be for a new product and what appears to be a start up company. .... How the hell does it work!? can you only use it with 5 gallon carboys? how about a 6 gallon carboy? What temperature ranges can you use it for? Any product specs....?

I don't mean to come down hard I just get irritated to see poorly described products. It might be the best product ever but if you can't sell me the idea you can't sell me the product. ---- end of rant and being a a jerk.

I hope I'm not insulting a member on here but that website is not nearly as informative as it needs to be for a new product and what appears to be a start up company. .... How the hell does it work!? can you only use it with 5 gallon carboys? how about a 6 gallon carboy? What temperature ranges can you use it for? Any product specs....?

I don't mean to come down hard I just get irritated to see poorly described products. It might be the best product ever but if you can't sell me the idea you can't sell me the product. ---- end of rant and being a a jerk.

I agree, limited to only one size, 6 gallons would show a little more leg. Coming to market it should of been 100% ready to sell with all specs and prices or the intrest will fade quickly before it gets launched.
My question, if it makes cold below ambient a set number of degrees how does it dissipate the opposite in degrees heat released?
Looks to be a Peliter design which have a rather low operating efficiency. Spin electric meter spin.
If they designed and tested it for conicals this would expand their market of buyers.

If this is already patent pending why is it still under development? You can't file for a patent if the idea if not reduced to practice yet and still only a concept. I think this is vaporware.

You can file a patent on almost any idea way before you ever have a working model. Building a temp control system is no easy undertaking, at least not within a reasonable budget.

Yes you can file without a working model but if you don't have the concept down to exactly how it works, you have nothing to file for patent protection. If the idea is nonenabling, you will be nailed.

Latest posts

Back