Yankee Ingenuity VII - August 30-31 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'll just bring the keg and hook it right up to the kegerator then? I won't worry about bringing the charger and picnic taps. I'll check the carbonation level on my Amarillo-APA, too; it's only been on the gas about a week, but it might be carbed up enough (just pretend it's English).

Better bring the charger, too. I am using my old single line regulator for the bitter. I might pull the two suspect regs out of the manifold and see if that solves the problem and if so we can just hook your keg up to it, but we might need the charger for a backup.

as long as there ain't bacon in everything I'll manage. I'll just bring supplemental... Can always live on beer I suppose. :drunk:

Yeah, I haven't figured out a way yet to get bacon into corn on the cob! :D

Actually, I'll bring my spare tank/reg, as long as I have room in the car (as well as the charger). Easier to use that; set and forget.

this weekend is gonna be funn.... too bad i have to work on saturday otherwise i'd be there for the afternoon... :-D see y'all tomorrow night!

Dinner:
Bacon Cheeseburgers on the grill (I grind it fresh), hand cut fries, coleslaw, maybe corn on the cob.
Breakfast:
Bacon Buttermilk Waffles (can you tell I like bacon?), Eggs, Toast, etc.
Sound ok? (I know not to you, Zymurgrafi ;) but you've got your food covered, right?)
I'm fine with Swine, but don't touch the red meat. I'll bring along some Tempeh to grill as well as some tomato basil & fresh mozzarella salad, and maybe even some thai cucumber salad.
along with a few growlers of my Super Pilz.

My brown ale has vanished, thanks to an eager son onf mine who is just off to law school, so I have no homebrewed suds to contribute (not that there will be any kind of shortage (smile) ...

Can I bring some McNeill's at least ?

Can I bring some McNeill's at least ?

You'll only be able to get it in growlers. The bottling operation is not up and running at his new brewery yet.

Man...just got off the phone with my buddy offering red carpet treatment for moe. this weekend. :(:( AAACK! Not top worry, I'm still Stowebound.

Actually, I'll bring my spare tank/reg, as long as I have room in the car (as well as the charger). Easier to use that; set and forget.

May I borrow your spare tank & regulator while I'm lautering? I'm planninig on using a cornie as a HLT in an effort to bring minimal equipment.

BTW are you planning on bringing those cornies for me?

EMERGENCY CALLOUT, before people leave...

Anyone have like half a pound of chocolate malt? I forgot I used mine up with the smoked stout. I've got a few ounces left, but otherwise I'll have to sub in some roasted barley, and I'd really like to do this recipe in true JZ-style. If you've got some, could you bring it along?

"Like a half pound" or exactly a half pound? ;)

I'll bring some along. It ain't pale chocolate like the pope uses though...

When is everyone figurin' on being there?

Sorry Bill, those bombers just won't fit in the car. I could squeeze them in if I didn't have to save room for the_Bean (or the_Wife). I've got them separated out, I'll get them to you at some point.

I just finished packing the car, so I'm going to get changed and on the road soon. I should be there 1:00 -2:00 (depending on how long it takes to drop off Bean).

I'm rolling out at 10:30 and will be meeting Kappclark in Springfield, VT to share the ride.
So I'm figuring We'll arrive between 12:30-1:30.

Sorry - I ahve everything except the airlock ... I think a box of brewing extras got shipped of to son's college (ha ha)

Can someone please bring along an extra airlock ?? Thx in advance

Let's take plenty of pics for Evan, oooiilllllio and all our HBT friends.

I can tell you this much paul, everyone slept better, because I didn't make it;) I got confused 'cause I was thinking that it was near stratton instead of stowe, so I drove right by those guys on my way home:mad:

Jester & Red:

Many thanks for the great "mini-vacation" up north with such a great crew ...and thx for letting me use the stove and stainless pot for the paretial boil.

Dean - great to ride with you, and to catch up on the brewing network podcasts ..

9 Ball rules (but Bird is the cowboy champ) ... loved all the beer (esp the smoked stout) ...

My mild should be ready by Columbus day. Hope to have everyone here on the 12th or the 13th..

Bill C

Windham

Oh yeah, Dave, thanks again for the chocolate malt and those vegan bangers. Never thought I'd like bangin' a vegan, but that was good...

Is Red grabbing our asses supposed to be a secret, as well?

What about your A.S.S.es? :D

JaysAss.jpg

Back