Bottling day for first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enkamania

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had quite the assembly line going. My girlfriend sanitized bottles and capped and I was the filler. Filled and capped 45 bottles in under an hour. It tastes great!!!

Congratulations of your first brew.

Just a comment on something I have noticed (and I am guilty of myself), it seems whenever someone is bottling with someone else, the person who isn't in charge of the brew gets capping and/or sanitizing duty. Looking back the filling part seems the most fool proof, and next time I am going to want to make sure the capping is done right.

Just an observation, but I have noticed it is always the gf/wife/friend/child that is doing the capping. Some strange subliminal dominance thing about filling the bottles or something lol

I bottled my first batch today as well. My wife capped and I filled. I had quite a sense of accomplishment I must say. The hard part is going to be waiting to try one! Congrats to you.

Had quite the assembly line going. My girlfriend sanitized bottles and capped and I was the filler. Filled and capped 45 bottles in under an hour. It tastes great!!!

Congrats. My first batch is 3 weeks in the bottle. The longer it sits, the better it tastes....

In the Fermenter - Chinook IPA, still bubbling away....

I have noticed the same thing in my house. It has started to change around as everybody (wife and sons) have tried the jobs and I am on the capping. I am usually begging for help. Make it fun and offer their favorite food or music and beer!
Congratulations of your first brew.

Just a comment on something I have noticed (and I am guilty of myself), it seems whenever someone is bottling with someone else, the person who isn't in charge of the brew gets capping and/or sanitizing duty. Looking back the filling part seems the most fool proof, and next time I am going to want to make sure the capping is done right.

Just an observation, but I have noticed it is always the gf/wife/friend/child that is doing the capping. Some strange subliminal dominance thing about filling the bottles or something lol

I also fill while my wife caps. She is already crying about wanting a bench capper if she is always going to have to help me. Only if she liked beer.

Latest posts

Back