New to kegging...does this sound right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmarkis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just completed my first two kegs today. I wanted to know if this sounds right to you.

I am force carbing two kegs with a split off the CO2 tank. I put them in my fridge at 38F so I put the PSI at 12 where it will sit for the next week. I will let it sit for 2-3 days and then check it.

Does this sound like a good approach?

Hi everyone,

I just completed my first two kegs today. I wanted to know if this sounds right to you.

I am force carbing two kegs with a split off the CO2 tank. I put them in my fridge at 38F so I put the PSI at 12 where it will sit for the next week. I will let it sit for 2-3 days and then check it.

Does this sound like a good approach?

I've never used this method, but iirc, it'll take close to 3 weeks for full carbonation. I could be wrong, but it seems like I remember reading that somewhere. I always burst carbonate, so its ready in a day or two.

Sounds fine as for the pressure and temp, but it will need closer to 2 weeks to carbonate properly. Mine usually sit at that pressure and temp for 3 weeks minimum before I think about tapping..

So if I want this beer ready to drink in one week (entire family is going to a beach house) how would I go about that?

So if I want this beer ready to drink in one week (entire family is going to a beach house) how would I go about that?

Set it at about 30 psi for 24-36 hours, then set it to 12 for the rest of the week. The short duration of high pressure will jumpstart the carb process without being on long enough to overcarb the beer.

Set it at about 30 psi for 24-36 hours, then set it to 12 for the rest of the week. The short duration of high pressure will jumpstart the carb process without being on long enough to overcarb the beer.

I did this 4 days ago and it works perfectly

Latest posts

Back