My single tier build "The Beer Machine"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMyBeer

Reaction score
So I have been contemplating posting my build for some time. Not that I didn't want to show it off, it's just not done yet. I figure I have another $600 to invest before I can call it done. Pumps, transfer tubing, connectors, false bottom and little things like that. If you think about it "Is it ever really done?" Probably not.

Any way here it is. I will give a brief description of my thought process of each picture since I can't seem to be able to figure out how to insert text between pics.

I really like the B3 single tier so I modeled my build after it, but with my spin on it.

Close up of my control panel. The panel is hinged to open. I wired a separate switch to operate the lower pump outlet for my transfer pump. I did not like the idea of needing to plug and unplug the pump for operation.

#3 & 4
Please forgive the wiring mess here. This is the result of not being able to find a wiring schematic online so what you see is all my R & D wiring. I will be going through the mess and make it more presentable after my first test run.

This is one of the spins I mentioned. I added a fourth burner. The thought would be while boiling the previously made wort I could start a second batch and transfer to a second kettle or maybe a five gallon extract at the same time. It could double a shelf as well.

I have more pics, just can't put more then 5 so I hope to reply to my thread and continue.:D

Brew Sculpture 001.jpg

Brew Sculpture 002.jpg

Brew Sculpture 003.jpg

Brew Sculpture 004.jpg

Brew Sculpture 006.jpg

The first 3 pics are some different views. But the last two was another spin. I needed to keep the sculpture in a giving foot print so I made it so the control panel could flip back out of the way. This will also protect it from damage while not in use.

Anyway there you have it and I hope you like. :mug:

Brew Sculpture 007.jpg

Brew Sculpture 008.jpg

Brew Sculpture 009.jpg

Brew Sculpture 010.jpg

Brew Sculpture 011.jpg

Nice setup! I've thought about doing a low gravity beer from the second running of a high gravity beer and this setup would let you do that real easy. I also love the hinged control panel for the space saving nature.

You put a lot of thought and ingenuity into this. Subscribed to see the updates!

Great work. :mug:

Nice setup! I've thought about doing a low gravity beer from the second running of a high gravity beer and this setup would let you do that real easy. I also love the hinged control panel for the space saving nature.

You put a lot of thought and ingenuity into this. Subscribed to see the updates!

Great work. :mug:

Ditto!!!!

Love the details ---- and the pictures!

This is amazing. I've been planning a single tier build and I may have to incorporate the 4th burner as well.

You could also get a big ass pot of chili or something going on that 4th burner, or a fryer if you could keep oil from splattering over into your brew

You could also get a big ass pot of chili or something going on that 4th burner, or a fryer if you could keep oil from splattering over into your brew

That is actually an awesome idea. I could take "The Beer Machine" to a chili cook off. That could be a shoe in for the grand prize. Think about it beer, judges, beer. :ban:

It has been a month or so since I have been in the shop :( all I need is a little bit more cash and I could finish "The Beer Machine". Anyone know were I can find a money tree?:rockin:

Where did you get the box for the control panel? I want something very similar for my brutus clone.

I had the stainless control box made by a stainless fabrication shop. I just gave them basic dimensions of what i wanted. Cost me 450.00 :drunk:

I could have used a standard electrical enclosure but I figured ok go big or go home. I wanted to have a bit of show attitude to my first build anyway. :rockin:

Could use a little bit of that cash now to help get it completed.:D

Back