keg with plastic foot??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrappy1979

Reaction score
So I'm trying to obtain some kegs and a local brewery has some that I can purchase. However they stated the kegs that are available come with a plastic foot. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am running lp burners on my system. Thanks in advance.

So I'm trying to obtain some kegs and a local brewery has some that I can purchase. However they stated the kegs that are available come with a plastic foot. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am running lp burners on my system. Thanks in advance.

You're going to have a tough time with that type of keg. (Don't recall the style) I got two for free from my local brewery and attempted to convert one to a keggle. What I found was that the plastic foot/base is actually attached with three or four short welded rods from the bottom of the keg itself. In my attempt to remove the rubber base I popped one rod off and now have a keg with a 1/4 " hole in the bottom of it. Additionally the base of the keg (when the rubber base is removed) is rounded and will not (without modification) sit upright on a brewing set up.

Hope this helps.

Yeah it does. Thanks alot. They are selling them for $35 too. Oh well just need to wait til I find what I need. Thanks again.

Back