What the hell happened 10 years ago...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL... that gives me a chuckle. It had been 9, almost 10 years ago for me when I found this little asylum last March. And yeah, whodwho has it right as far as I was concerned as well.

whodwho said:
Yes, and it was called an x-wife for me...

10 years of potential brewing down the toilet... :eek: Ah well, I can afford it more now anyway, so it all worked out in the end.

Ize

I married my 2nd ex 10 yrs ago.Her name was also Mary....Mary Jane(no kidding).
Only lasted a couple years though,i swear she was the model for "psycho-***** from hell"!
Cheers:mug:
PS-and wouldn't you know she was gorgeous and a nympho to boot!

I stopped in 1993~1994 mainly because it was a 200 mile round trip to get any supplies / ingredients. There was also no public Internet back then to trade information and the books I was able to obtain where crap: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9844

I also was buckling down around that time to finish my degree...

I never stopped thinking about it and knew I would get back into it eventually but it wasn't until my wife bought me a new starter kit for my birthday last may that I fell back in.

<- - - Guilty. But apparently 10 yrs is a benchmark of some kind, ...old ambitions start to resurface, etc.

Just glad I restarted. I think (based on tasting the last sample) the wee heavy I've just got in bottles is gonna' make up for all the lost time :ban:

I did the "10 years ago" thing too, or there abouts. Started with a Mr. Beer kit and though the beer was ok, at the time I was in Germany and it was easy to get really good beer. I started up again recently after a Jeep buddy re-introduced me to the hobby, minus the mr. beer kit.

Back