Add a baby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im finally able to start browsing the forums again. I havnt been able to post in a while. I have been too busy with helping start up a nano, going to school full time and working full time. I thought i was just about able to balance it all and then i find out my wife is prego with our first baby! :rockin:

We had been trying for a while, but now im not sure how im ever gonna get time for brewing here and there inbetween all my new found responsibilities.

Anyone have some good time management tecniques?

Congratulations. I am in the same boat with the 1st baby on the way. My wife is about 8 weeks. But dude, only chicks and gay dudes use the word "prego". ;)

I manage by only sleeping 4 or 5 hours a night.

From 7am until 9pm I am an employee and a father. After that, I am a beer brewing, guitar playing guy... then I sleep for a little and start over.

I used to just say fat

haha yeah right. My wife used preggo and preggers also. I just picked it up from hearing it so much. We had a friend named megan so we called her Preggo Meggo.

I bought these clocks that have 84 minutes in an hour, thus providing me with 9.6 hours a day to do with what I will.

clock.jpg

:)

Congrats, I'm happy for you!

Time management is always more challenging once you have a kid or two. I guess the main tip I have is just to prioritize. You'll always have time to brew, or work on old cars, or fly remote controlled planes- but your kids will only be young and impressionable once. These years are precious, and fly by.

I know it doesn't seem like it, but the next 15 years will be over in a blink. So, love your wives and children and give up what you think is so important right now, so that you can look back later and say, "I did the best I could" and have no regrets. Not to say you can't enjoy your hobbies- but trust me, there will be a time and place for those things. Nothing is more important than reading "Good Night, Moon" just one more time.

I have to admit something silly. About a month ago I got behind a school bus. It stopped and two little kids ran out- a boy and a girl, probably kindergarten and first grade age. I got tears in my eyes- only 10-15 years ago, I was the one waiting for the kids at the bus stop. Even though it seems like those kids are underfoot forever, it goes fast, and you'll never get those years back.

(PS- my daughter told me that when her baby is born, I have to clean up my act a little. I'm not aloud to say "Oh, F*** me!" or "That's the tits" in front of her child! I laughed out loud at that one)

Congrats to the op and all other expected fathers. There will be always time to brew but those first 6 months you probably will not even think of it. I suggest brewin some apfelwein and let it age as you figure out the parent life for the first 6 months.

I keep everything in the garage and my kids know that the garage is off-limits. They are not allowed in there unless mom or dad are with them. There's too much dangerous stuff out there to let them loose.

This is why I am a late night brewer, too. I pull things out of the garage and start heating water around 8:00. Makes for a late night, but no one under foot when I am hoisting huge pots of boling water around and running a roaring flame.

Kids are great. On a trip to Florida with my wife and MOM and my little 2 yo daughter I watched a county police car pass me by on the other side of the freeway, then slam on the brakes and do a 180 in the median. As soon as he got across the lights and siren came on.

I said, "What the..." and my dear little girl chose that moment to finish my sentence with "..hell?"

Yep, her first swear word sitting right next to her grandma. It was sort of funny and embarrassing at the same time. But of course getting a ticket for 10 over made it all suck.

Just can't believe the years are flying by. Now that girl is halfway through High School and thinking about driving her own car next year, and trying to plan for college.

We read Good Night Moon plenty at my house. Every Saturday and Sunday morning is spent laying in bed with our son reading and reading and reading his books until we just have to get up. Sure I'd like to be sleeping at 7am on the weekends, but he won't want to lay in bed with mom and dad reading books for long. He'll be pulling us out of bed to mop up a mess from trying to get his own breakfast in no time I'm sure:) I caught him grabbing his sweatshirt yesterday and starting to put his arm in to put it on himself. He's only 15 months, but already doesn't want mom and dad helping with much.

Well yesterday morning (christmas eve) I had to take my wife to ER were we found out she lost the baby :( I guess we will have to try again in the spring.

That is hard to news to share in.

Life is precious and fleeting and we should all take time to rejoice in every moment.

I am sorry the time with your first was so short, but thank you for letting us share the time with you. You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

That is hard to news to share in.

Life is precious and fleeting and we should all take time to rejoice in every moment.

I am sorry the time with your first was so short, but thank you for letting us share the time with you. You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Thanks.. as hard as it is for me its harder on my wife and I stayed home with her today to try and help her through it.

Back