do these fittings match? (pipe to compression)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
McMaster: Part Number: 5272K199

and the item here:

MoreBeer | Kettle Diverter/Maximizer Options

I like their product idea, but I need to make one for a keggle. I have their stainless weldless spigot, with the 1/2" female threads on the inside, and the compression fitting will allow some adjustment, so I can get some tubing, a fitting like this, and bend it to suit the keggle.

I know it's not SS, (that's this: Part Number: 8239K26), but it's half as much as the SS.

What do you think?

I did not look at the Mcmaster part but I'm assuming that it's a copper compression fitting on one end and 1/2 pipe threads on the other.

If I'm right, yes that works fine. My HLT is setup like that, 1/2 MPT/3/8 compression with a piece of 3/8 copper tube going to the bottom.

wouldn't the 3/8" copper tubing reduce your flow if the rest of your tubing and pump were set up for 1/2"?

btw, I found these at Lowe's.
I also realized that I could use these on my other projects with copper tube, so I got a couple to try out. If they seal well it might be easier than soldering fittings on.

Of course, I got home and snapped a 1/2" copper tube. I suppose I need to go to Lowe's and see if there's an affordable tubing bender next week. 1/4" and 3/8 bends okay, but the 1/2" is too stiff to bend in the 12" lengths I got. ARG!

On the bright side, I buffed up and finished one keggle. I water tested it and no leaks. Will clean it then at some point mark out the sight glass levels.

Back