Making a steak indoors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so my mom wasn't the only one to cook meat to death. Could be one of the reasons I prefer rare to M/R.....Medium if someone f's it up....wipe its nose, slap it on the a$$, show it the grill as you walk by and put it on my plate. Izzz Guuuuuuuud. :ban:
Crazy thing is, everything she cooked was brown through, bone dry. But every year she does a standing rib roast for Christmas, and it is absolute perfection, usually medium rare to medium on the outer edge with the salted crispy crust thing goin on. Every single time. 30 years running now. I just don't get it.:confused:

Am I doing it right?

Wood_Door-Liner_skirting.jpg

Restaurant I worked at, we had a guy that would come in every Friday and order a steak. He just wanted us to set the steak under the warming lamps while we fixed the rest of the table's order. The server message that came through was "don't let the steak see the grill"

Back