Tripels and Cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 141939

Reaction score
Any favorite cheeses to pair? Tonight I bought a Dulle Teve from the mad brewers and a double cream cheese (d'affinois). I also got Iberico which I think is similar to Manchego but made with more animals.

Both seem to be working pretty good. I asked the cheese monger if she knew what would be good with tripels and she said "are those like dark stout kind of beers?" and I knew I was on my own.

I think these cheeses are good because they are somewhat mild and don't overpower the tripel. If anything I guess the tripel overpowers the iberico a bit. But the double cream is perfect for it because it's so rich and the alcohol of the triple really helps cut through that.

This beer is delicious by the way.

oa2Qdw8.jpg

What I like to pair with highly carbonated beers, are creamier cheeses, so you can play off the sharp carbonation of the beer with thickness of the cheese. I don't know much about cheese, but I would go with a Brie.

What I like to pair with highly carbonated beers, are creamier cheeses, so you can play off the sharp carbonation of the beer with thickness of the cheese. I don't know much about cheese, but I would go with a Brie.

Camembert is a fantastic beer cheese for non-hoppy beers.

With hoppy beers, see if you can find a Cotswold (onions / chives in a double gloucester).

Back