Father/Son trip to NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Reaction score
My son and I are finally making the long planned trip to Asheville, Charlotte and Raleigh beginning Monday 6/23. Anyone in the vicinity that wants to meet up, let me know so we can try to arrange our busy schedule of brewery tours, bottle shop, good food locations and a general great time.

Sheldon

Howhownow is right. Wicked weed is everything a brew pub should be. Huge selection of amazingly crafted beer. Some really creative stuff and some perfectly executed classics. Food is great too. Some must trys are the Empyrean DIPA, imperial coolcumber, and black angel cherry sour. check http://www.wickedweedbrewing.com/beer/chalkboard/ for current offerings. My wife and I go to asheville often, correction, we really just go to wicked weed.:mug:

I believe we are staying just up the street from the Weed. We have about 13 breweries on our itinerary for the three cities and on the way.

Cheers and thanks for the info.

Sheldon

I won't be in the area to meet up, but I can personally recommend natty green's in Raleigh as a place to check out. The food there was great and they had a big bar with lots of selections on tap.

Check into Sub Noir. I don't know where they have their beer on tap and I've never been to the brewery, but sometimes they have things that look very interesting. I'd skip Lonerider and Big Boss and hit up breweries that aren't really distributing like Raleigh Brewing (don't think they're distributing far (if at all) the RTP, BruePrint (lame name but pretty solid beer specifically the scotch ale), and a few others I named in our previous PM. If you want to hit up a bottle shop then The Beer Dispensary has great selection. They're small so they don't have everything but their selection is quite nice and the atmosphere is wonderful. If you find your way past Smithfield, you must hit Double Barley. Hands down.

Back to Asheville, I mentioned Wicked Weed and LAB, Highland is great, Green Man for sure, and Pisgah, which is in Black Mountain, I think. If there may as well keep on and get to Oskar. They open early…unlike other breweries in Asheville.

RTP is research triangle park- the middle of the state with Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. If you find yourself there, try Fullsteam. Their beer isn't my favorite, but their facility is amazing, and they do a good job of incorporating the middle NC terroir into their brews. If you make your way to Chapel Hill/Carrboro (my neck of the woods) I'll meet you for a pint at Steel String- a solid little brewery around the corner from my house.

Howhownow, I will let you know if we get to the Chapel Hill area. Thanks for the offer. We would love to meet up with good folks.

Sheldon

Latest posts

Back