I Need Some Switches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that manual switches are more of a necessity than I first thought. My brewery will be controlled by BCS-460, so my first plan was install switches after initial build when I got around to it.

Well it seems that I would be better with switches to begin with. So can someone suggest a good reasonably priced E-Stop Switch? My system is 120 volt in, running a 24 volt transformer for burner control. I have 2- March pumps (1.4amp ea) and the BCS trans running off line in. I figured the E-Stop should be first in line before any transformers, or pumps.

I would also like to switch the 24 volt burner's and March pumps each separately with 3 position switch. Manual-OFF-Auto

I don't do enough electrical work to know how to sort out the multitude of switch choices. Hopefully someone has suggestions.

Can I ask what made you come to the conclusion that you needed the switches first?

I'm having trouble getting my BCS to work with my gas valves. When I first start the brewery it takes a while to get gas through the lines. That takes several start, restart steps. After things are running I think it will run smoother.

My thought is I can start off in Manual control until the lines are full of gas. Then switch over to Auto. Figured I'd do it eventually so this would help.

I'm having trouble getting my BCS to work with my gas valves. When I first start the brewery it takes a while to get gas through the lines. That takes several start, restart steps. After things are running I think it will run smoother.

My thought is I can start off in Manual control until the lines are full of gas. Then switch over to Auto. Figured I'd do it eventually so this would help.

Ahhh I see. I have my BCS wired up and fused and did the electrical testing on the circuits the other day... so far, so good. Looking forward to your build being complete!

There is a shopping list for switches over here in the Ohio-Ed control panel thread.

Back