ATTENTION Brewers in Kansas City area...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBrew75

Reaction score
I'm looking to find some home brewers in the Kansas City area that are interested in joining together to buy supplies in bulk. This would lower the cost of brewing significantly, and would be a chance to meet home brewers close to you, share ideas and recipes, etc. Let me know.

I am an extract brewer although I tried a PM today. I have been buying extract and some hops on-line because it is much cheaper. I order enough for 2 brews plus some other extras and its enough to get free shipping. It has brought my costs way down. I still go to the local store for grains and any hops the on-line place doesn't have.

I am also an extract brewer. I'm in the same shoes that you are Fat Guy, and I have seen lower costs buy buying my extracts and hops online. Costs go down even further when we can buy 50 lbs of extract, or hops by the pound. Keep in touch, or send me your email via private message. I hope to get many more replies to this thread.

Oxbow is a great place to get your stuff. It's one guy running the place by email. I cant speak for him, but I'm pretty sure he would order you guys bulk supplies on the cheap cheap. I'm in KC to, but I'm about ready to go all-grain

I'm down in wichita, but trek up to KC a few times every couple of months. I might be interested, depending on what grains you were thinking of. Assuming 2-Row is one, what other grains were you looking at?

The only grains that I use is steeping and possibly partial mash. Speaking for myself, Im more interested in buying extract and hops in bulk. However, if we get enough replies that are interested in both extract and grains, it should help all of us.

I'm in the KC area, but am currently only brewing extract. Still fairly new at this (about to brew my 3rd this weekend), but may be interested in buying in bulk in a few months when i try a partial or all grain batch.

I think I'd be interested. I'll be doing my first all-grain this weekend (have done 4 extract brews so far).

I found this thread by googling homebrew clubs in kansas city. It doesn't look like there are very many homebrew clubs here. There is one called the Kansas City Bier Meisters (Kansas City Bier Meisters :: Index), but it looks like their forum gets an average post of about 2 per month.

edit: I forgot to add that I have been buying all of my supplies at two of the LHBS, but I've since found that supplies are quite a bit cheaper online. I'd like to support local business, but I'm not willing to do so if the prices are another 20% or more greater.

kcstrom

I am from overland park and have found the same thing with the LHBS's one of them is also only sells their dme in 3 pound quantity which is a little annoying. I will e switching to all grain this winter so I may be up for some bulk buys later .

Back