help! ale still fermenting after 14 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathieu

Reaction score
I'm making holiday ale with honey, orange rind and ginger. The yeast I used was a liquid American Ale yeast (East Coast). Fermentation started about 10 hrs in, but now I'm at 11 days and still seeing bubbles every 35-40 seconds in the carboy airlock. It's kind of freaking me out that it's still fermenting. Is this okay? My other couple of batches ended in a week. Please, just tell me everything's alright...

What was the OG? I've had barleywines ferment for two months. Putting a lot of honey in an ale can really make the fermentation drag out, as well.

RDWHAHB!!!!

It will be just fine, if you are worried take a hyrdo reading. If you are at your final gravity then transfer to secondary or bottle. Chances are you still have some yeasties in there munchin away and will be done in another week or so. Either way it will be great im sure.

the original gravity was wack, i believe because the wort and water didn't mix properly before I took the reading. it seems that the consensus is that i'm cool, or rather my beer is cool.

Back