bench capper for heineken bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdbrew

Reaction score
I tried to cap some heineken bottles today and obviously it didnt work due to the lip being so thin my 'red baron' hand capper couldn't grip it.

I've read that bench cappers work fine since it doesnt grip anything, it just presses down.

i assume this bench capperl will work fine?

I understand people hating on the bottles due to it being green and thinner glass, but I have 6 cases of them already - and I could get a friend to chug more of that crap beer so that I could get more anytime.

Just wanted to make sure that capper will work...though I assume any press would (such as the Colonna bench capper)

I highly recommend the Colonna capper/corker model (others will stand behind it as well). The capper/corker is a heavier duty model than just the Colonna capper, it will cost a little more, but works great on all bottles (including twist-offs) and corks wine bottles with little to no effort.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=colonna+capper+corker[/ame]

Just not fun biting the $75 bullet after shipping. Although then I can cap any akward smaller bottles. We also make wines and have no corker wine bottles, we use good old gallon cheap wine bottles. I probably should just suck it up after reading all the colonna reviews.

I had only slight problems capping used heinekens using the red capper. The tool is a little wobbly, but the cap goes on firmly. Not sure what the problem is (besides the shady feel of the tool on the bottle).

hmm well it doesnt really crimp the caps well since it cant grip the heineken necks. We had 1 out of 3 cap but even that one wasnt even totally crimped on and probably would explode.

I would not waste your time with the Heineken bottles. They won’t take a cap. I think small Grolsch bottles are the same.

Just not fun biting the $75 bullet after shipping. Although then I can cap any akward smaller bottles. We also make wines and have no corker wine bottles, we use good old gallon cheap wine bottles. I probably should just suck it up after reading all the colonna reviews.

My father-in-law gave me an older bench capper like the one you posted from Midwest. I tried to use it once before I broke down for the Colonna. If you look around, you can find one a little cheaper. Just make sure it's the capper/corker. Some comment on the plastic construction, the body is plastic, but the rack/pinion of the actual mechanism is hard nylon. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Only had mine about 6 months, but have capped probably 4 cases of boulevard twist-off stubbies without a single bad one.

I have the bench capper like the one you posted. The super Agata I think it is called. It works fine on Heineken Bottles. That is what I use for Apfelwein. Be careful with Heineken light bottles. They are a little taller, and it doesn't work on them.

Cool thanks for the help. Yeh i'll probably get colonna for corking too, wouldn't mind doing belgian bottles or wines as well. Glad to hear of your experiences with heinekens or even boulevard bottles, sounds good enough for me.

If you have a drillpress, you can get a piece off ebay to use it to cap. I have one, and it is great for the import bottles with the shorter lip, and just crank the table up and down to switch bottle size. i use some becks/heiney bombers, and the hand capper won't work on them at all.

Back