Ah, this is the place...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesKY

Reaction score
Hello, this is James from Louisville, KY.

I have been home brewing for about 7 years or so and have been looking for a place to discuss techniques and learn a few new things. My experience thus far has been limited to extract brewing but one day I would like to try my hand at all grain.

I have a good friend locally with whom I devise my recipes. A few weekends ago we attended a microbrewery festival hosted by the local zoo. It was loads of fun and I got to try a lot of great beers. :rockin:

Anyway, I'm heading off to make a post in another forum about the possible use of pistachios in a new recipe that we've been kicking around in the back of our minds. Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll see you around the forums.

Maybe not just the forums. I am in Louisville and have a membership to the zoo!Lol, I did not get to make it to the micro festival damn it.
Welcome, and you will find lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here. I made my first leap to AG a few weeks ago.
http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=37176&highlight=unorthodox

Pistachios eh? By far the tastiest nut. Interesting!

Thanks guys.

Sorry you couldn't make it Cheezy. It was a great experience and you can bet that I'll be back next year.

JamesKY said:
Hello, this is James from Louisville, KY.

I have been home brewing for about 7 years or so and have been looking for a place to discuss techniques and learn a few new things. My experience thus far has been limited to extract brewing but one day I would like to try my hand at all grain.

I have a good friend locally with whom I devise my recipes. A few weekends ago we attended a microbrewery festival hosted by the local zoo. It was loads of fun and I got to try a lot of great beers. :rockin:

Anyway, I'm heading off to make a post in another forum about the possible use of pistachios in a new recipe that we've been kicking around in the back of our minds. Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll see you around the forums.

Don't be afraid of going all grain. It's much easier than people let on. Give it a shot. You'll wonder why you hadn't done so sooner.

I will probably jump to all grain in short time. I'm in graduate school and getting married next month so right now there's not a lot of extra time for things like home brewing. Doing it with extract just saves a lot of time and allows me to get on to other things.

JamesKY said:
I will probably jump to all grain in short time. I'm in graduate school and getting married next month so right now there's not a lot of extra time for things like home brewing. Doing it with extract just saves a lot of time and allows me to get on to other things.

Get on with other things? You make it sound like brewing is a chore. Now marriage and school, THAT'S a chore. You should just get married in a civil service in the backyard and buy a paper off the Interweb for your classes so you can save time and get on to other things. Like AG brewing. ;) :p

It's not a chore, but it can be time consuming especially going AG.

I've debated making some brew for the wedding reception but we're already paying for full bar service for our guests so they can be happy with that. Besides, the majority of my family drinks Coors Light almost exclusively I'm sad to say. I'll be making some brews for our holiday parties though.

I also don't have the gear for AG brewing. That's a problem that I'm hoping to remedy very soon though.

*Edit*
Oh I did forget to mention that we're delaying our honey moon until we both graduate next Spring. Then we will be taking a two week trip through the British Isles where I hope to go on a beer tasting journey of epic proportions. So when i get closer to that day and have our itinerary firmed up, I'll be asking for recommendations on places to find great brews.

Off-topic, but my wife and I did the British Isles for our honeymoon last year! So, I won't sit here and bombard you with my recommendations, but if you are interested in any, PM me and I'll gladly share.

Back