Infection possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMKsuburbannoise

Reaction score
I'm guessing that anythings possible but here's the story.

Boiled yesterday and put the beer in my Ale Pale. Shoved the blow off valve in the top of the bucket and let it set downstairs. Went downstairs at about 2:00 PM today and saw the blow off had came off, guess I didn't shove it in there good enough. Tried putting it back and shoved the small rubber gasket into the beer. Transferred the beer to my glass carboy and put the plug on since I could not seal the Ale Pale until I got that gasket.

May have had an opportunity to get infected, but I am hoping not.

Welcome to the club! I'm pretty sure most everybody has pushed the grommet into the pale. I actually keep a couple spare grommets handy just for that reason. I'm sure you are fine though!

the fermenting yeast will out compete any small bacteria that enters. It's when you get into the secondary or after fermentation you should be a little more worried. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Back