Pumpkin wheat - What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Heading to my LHBS in a few hours to get stuff for a pumkin ale. Thinking about doing a Pumkin Wheat also. Anyone experiemented with pumpkin wheat? if so, how was it.

This is what i am thinking for a 5.25 post boil volume

wyeast 1010 american wheat
4.5lb 2-row
2.75 lb wheat
1.75 Crystal 60
0.75lb Biscuit Malt
0.33lb Flaked Wheat

45 oz canned pumkin in mash

1.25 EKG for 60 Minutes

spices to be determined

This is a mod version of Yuri Rage's Thunderstruck Pumkin Ale

Haven't made a pumpkin beer yet, so can't comment from experience, but it doesn't sound all that bad. Give it a go and report back to us.

I just had an idea, what about a yellow squash beer? It really isn't that different than pumpkin. Have it for summer and then have your pumpkin beer for fall!

Actually there's winter squash too, and spring squash...you could have a squash beer for every season!

Oh, and your recipe looks alright. Go for it!

I just had an idea, what about a yellow squash beer? It really isn't that different than pumpkin. Have it for summer and then have your pumpkin beer for fall!

Actually there's winter squash too, and spring squash...you could have a squash beer for every season!

Oh, and your recipe looks alright. Go for it!

Toasted acorn squash with cinnamon is great! That could make for an interesting dark flavored beer in the fall.

I'm working on a butternut squash beer recipe right now, just trying to decide from my cooking experience what spices to use. I'm thinking you could use the same spices as a pumkin ale guessing that the butternut squash would be richer and more flavorful then pumpkin but similar, Ken

Back