I joined the club this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jekster

Reaction score
So yeah, I joined the ranks off all grain this weekend after my 4th batch ever. I was doing large partial mashes and just wanted to go for the whole process.

Things went awesome! I hit 75% efficiency (which is what I calculated for) and tagged my gravity right at 1.052. By the end of October, I'll be feasting on a wonderful Dry stout. Just in time to ward off the chill. ;)

Thanks for all the knowledge shared to me on the forums and to all the hopjockeys here in Bloomington. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as easy without watching you guys brew.

Now, on to my new recipes this weekend. =D

Cheers! :mug:

Man, that's pretty damn good. I've brewed many an extract beer and recently made the jump to all grain.

My effeciencies are all over the place, from 87% down to 58%. I've had a hell of time hitting my infusion temps, but I think I figured out why. I'm hoping this weekend's batch will go well.

Back