pacman madness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnfoam

Reaction score
this after noon. i finnaly started my pacman yeast the pack was dated for this month. i had a pack of a belgian yeast that was also dated for decemder but took two days to swell up. this pack was started around 12:00pm its now 7:00pm i just got home and the pack looks like its going to bust open i have to get started on makeing a starter for this thing. ive heared how this stuff is crazy but this really surprized me.

I smacked mine in the car on the way home from the LHBS, it was good and ready to go by the time I started brewing.....two batches from this pack so far and both have been pretty quick starters.

I had a pacman starter almost blow the damn lock off my starter a few months ago. I actually had to rig up a blowoff tube on the growler to keep it under control. you have been warned!!!

yeah i made a 1/2gal starter and put it in a 5 gal carboy to avoid the mess. well its been 6 hours in the carboy ad the lock is really popping:ban:

My Dead Guy clone has been going since Thursday. I checked it last night and there was a ton of activity swirling around in there. I didn't use any wheat, so there hasn't been any killer krausen.

Lorena, thanks for the recipe again. I'm excited about how it'll turn out. This one already has uber-trub going on in it so a secondary is absolutely necessary.

yeah im doing one from ahb then im going to pitch Lorena dead guy clone on top of the cake. im expecting an atomic rection.:cross:

Well, jeez, now I'm going to brew my Dead Guy clone, too. There aren't any left of the original batch. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) I haven't had any great starts with pacman. I thought it was just the first pack, but I made a starter with the one I just bought. It was dated for September, so I thought a starter was a good idea. It seemed to go some but still not great. I"m stepping it up a tad today, adding some more wort to hopefully get quite a bit to pitch. I'm going to wait for my starter to be done, then I'll brew.

The Walker's IPA that I pitched my washed Wyeast 1056 into is going like a locomotive right now. I love the sound of fermentation :ban:

Lorena

OK, right now the my Dead Guy clone is acting strange.

The fallen yeast look like aquarium gravel, sitting on the bottom. On various points on the sides of the bottle, there are yeast clusters. Yeast balls are swimming and dancing near the top.

Back