Is my beer ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedailyaustin

Reaction score
So my first batch has turned out looking great and tasting awesome, but there seems to be something wrong with it.

After drinking around 4 or 5 in a row I start to feel slightly disoriented and warm inside. A few more beers and I start talking to beautiful women who I would normally never talk to, and it becomes apparent that they are very in to me! Also everything I say is very very funny.

From there things start to get a little fuzzy and I often fall asleep in places I usually never would! One time I even fainted! Can you believe that?

The next morning my head always hurts, the room feels like its spinning, and my stomach is uneasy.

Did my batch get infected? Or maybe I didn't check the FG and I bottled too early? Any thoughts/suggestions?

=)

Sometimes if I drink about 10 of my homebrews I start leaning on my friends and saying "I'll tell ya who a good godd@mn ballplayer is" and then later on I call ex-girlfriends. Is my beer ruined too?

thedailyaustin said:
I think it might be that ruined.

Just as long as you don't end up in a cheap hotel room in Vegas suddenly wearing a strange wedding ring and/or missing a kidney, then you'll be fine :D

Happened to me once...It sucked!!!

It sounds like why i layed of jaeger, drink it up and enjoy every last drop of the that batch:)

Looks like you have a problem, and this batch is ruined. But I have a few pointers for you, any one of which should help dramatically.

1. Make a yeast starter by pouring your liquid yeast (or rehydrated dry yeast) into a small saucepan and boiling for 120 minutes.

2. Lower fermentation temperature to -40.

3. Don't drink the beer.

Hope this helps.

thedailyaustin said:
So my first batch has turned out looking great and tasting awesome, but there seems to be something wrong with it.

After drinking around 4 or 5 in a row I start to feel slightly disoriented and warm inside. A few more beers and I start talking to beautiful women who I would normally never talk to, and it becomes apparent that they are very in to me! Also everything I say is very very funny.

From there things start to get a little fuzzy and I often fall asleep in places I usually never would! One time I even fainted! Can you believe that?

The next morning my head always hurts, the room feels like its spinning, and my stomach is uneasy.

Did my batch get infected? Or maybe I didn't check the FG and I bottled too early? Any thoughts/suggestions?

=)

I have the same problem, except the women aren't into me, and even though I turn into a big shot, no one is willing to recognize my big-shot status. In the process of trying to convince everyone that I really am a big shot, I apparently
come off as a duesch!

Revvy said:
Just as long as you don't end up in a cheap hotel room in Vegas suddenly wearing a strange wedding ring and/or missing a kidney, then you'll be fine :D

Happened to me once...It sucked!!!

I hope you are careful not to let this happen again. It sounds potentially fatal. :cross:

:tank:

Back