New Haven, CTbrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlered2

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm Christine. I got into brewing because my coworkers knew my addiction to doing everything from scratch. (And I usually bring in samples of my creations to work or work parties.) I was complaining about how there are no good rootbeers on the east coast. And then a couple of them teamed up on me and said I should start making my own mead. This is a natural hobby for me because I love cooking and I have a bachelor's in biochemistry and worked in labs growing bacteria, which isn't doing me any good because I followed my other major and went to grad school in physics. I miss the smell of little critters (and yeast smells infinitely better than E. coli) so I was an easy mark.

I have finished:
2 five gallon batches of beer (one light German, one Pils, both brewed with a European ale yeast instead because I can't keep the apartment too cool)
1 2 gallon batch of Colorado wildflower mead (this was incredible! Colorado wildflower honey is the best in the world)
3 horrible batches of rootbeer from scratch that lead to my only exploding bottles and all of which were undrinkable
1 3 gallon batch of raspberry wine

I am working on:
1 five gallon batch of apple cider
1 three gallon batch of pumpkin wine
1 one gallon batch of Czech wildflower mead
1 five gallon batch of a dark German beer (again, cheating and using a European ale yeast)

So I look forward to trading recipes and all that.

littlered2 said:
went to grad school in physics.
Many people overcome this affliction, and go on to lead relatively normal lives. Hang in there, and welcome to the forums. :)

I have an old friend that graduated in Physics and he got a job in his field. Go figure.:)
Welcome to the forums.

Welcome aboard, Christine! Was going to make a little red joke, but quickly realized that I would probably be the wolf in question, so... :D

Welcome Christine! I am somewhat new here too. Sounds like you have had some interesting fermentations so far. I better watch out because it wouldn't take much to get me fermenting some wine, mead, or who knows what else!
I hope we can assist you with your brewing and I'm sure you will bring a lot to this forum with your background.

Again, Welcome!

Back