Waiting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeJa

Reaction score
I bottled my first batch,:mug: :mug: a Red Ale last week and I am waiting not so patiently to try it.

Taste it! C'mon, you gotta taste it. It won't taste super-ultimate great, but you'll be happy you tried it. This way, you can taste its...evolution.

Didn't you ever open your Christmas presents early? Just pop the cap, take a sip…no one will ever know. Just make sure to put the bottle back exactly the same way.

I have to agree, try one now and once a week. That way when someone comes around with a green beer, you can say with authority, "It needs [ ] more weeks of conditioning."

OK, you talked me into it. I put one in the fridge for later this evening!:mug:

My first batch of beer is a Red Ale. I made several mistakes I know. I bottled it 8 days ago and decided to try one today. When the beer was at room temperature it looked clear through the bottle. After it was refrigerated, it appeared cloudy through the bottle. Also not much carbonation, almost none. Taste was not bad though.:mug:

orfy said:
You NEED to taste at least one a week. It's educational.
If not I'll happily do it for you.

actually he's right. You want to taste your beer at different stages alongthe way.

And welcome to the forum

Back