DIY tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
I found a killer looking wood “box” that looks like it was half of a bed frame head board (for free) and thought to myself, “that would make a unique beer tap tower”. This is my first Kegerator build and I’ve never seen one in person so I was wondering what I would need to turn this box into a tower. Here is what I think I’ll need, please tell me if I’m missing anything or if I simply don’t need something(s).

the box (duh)
liquid line for X amount of faucets
X amount of faucets

Do I need a small shank to hook up the faucets/liquid line(s)?

Thank you all and I’ll put a photo up of the tower once I’m done refinishing it. I’m sanding it down and finishing it with some stain and gloss finish.

Yes, you need shanks. They will either have the hose barb welded in, or they will be flat on the (non-faucet) end. If they are flat (No hose barb) you'll have to add a tailpiece, washer, and nut to hook to your beer line. Then the faucet just screws into the other end.

Parts can be found here (And a hundred other places online)

Thanks guys, I broke down and made the 45 min. drive to the beer brew shop and found what I need but I know I'm not going to pay no $30 for that one part! Ebay, here I come.

Did you ever make your wooden box tower? I'm just starting one and would be interested in seeing some pictures.

thanks!

Sorry, I didn't. I shifted gears and went with a full kegerator. fits 5 kegs and my Co2 tank... couldn't pass it up.

Good luck though, there a 100's of pics out there for you to find.

heard the other day about a guy that turned a piano into a kegerator....anyone hear of this?

Back