Igulu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
I am curious what everyone thinks of this automated setup. I am mostly interested in one for recipe development as it appears it would work well to make a small batch (5l) to trial something new. It will have ball lock attachment on the kegs and has the most reasonable price of any of the automated setups so far.

Has anyone heard about this upcoming brewing gadget? I don'the see much information online so curious what people think so far

My understanding is you can either buy kits or use your own ingredients. I want to know the capacity and info on the boil

Just another gadget made for marketing. :mug:

Got to wait 2-3 weeks for 5 liters of "beer?" Ah, that's why they offer 5-packs, 10-packs and 20-packs. :drunk:

The description mentions it boils the malts. Do they mean the grains? :tank:

I found the Indigogo from the link posted. A google search doesn't find a website. $689 and 4-6 weeks for 14 bottles of beer?? I don't think so. And the thing is tied up until the beer is fermented so you can only do 8 - 12 five liter batches a year.....

I am interested in this primarily as it would be a good way to make a small batch for trialing a new beer that I may not want to dedicate 3-4 hours for the brewing and cleaning aspects of my traditional setup.

You can remove the wort after it is cooled and ferment in another location. So like any of these other devices you will have your system locked up for 4-6 hours during the active brewing stages. I believe that's why you can buy it with various quantities of minikegs.

It has a current cheaper price than the picobrew, doesn't require proprietary brewing packs, has the capability to have completely controlled fermentation, hyped up app, and dispense beer if your willing to tie up the machine that long. I am more worried about, "if it sounds too good to be true...."

Way too $$$ for me. I do small batches BIAB. Total cost is the ingredients, electricity and a 5 gallon paint strainer bag that I use quite a few times. Yes, you cannot start it and walk away, but....

I can't get to the too good to be true part because of the $$$

From the indiegogo campaign description: "Press "Start" and it will automatically boil your malts, mix in the hops, add in the yeast, and ferment for 1 to 3 weeks. Then - enjoy!"

Nothing like boiling your malts to maximize extraction!

Back