Why my wife is awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozycki

Reaction score
Saturday I came home from work and found my wife had a new 10 gallon pot with ball valve lying on the bed. As I looked further I found a wort chiller and all the ingredients to do the Blood orange hefewizen I wanted to do. I have only done a few batches and just got a sq-14 burner. I am lucky that my wife even though she is pregnant with our first and hasn’t got to drink my beer is supporting and helping me with my new hobby. We just brewed the Blood orange today.

Rozycki said:
Saturday I came home from work and found my wife had a new 10 gallon pot with ball valve lying on the bed. As I looked further I found a wort chiller and all the ingredients to do the Blood orange hefewizen I wanted to do. I have only done a few batches and just got a sq-14 burner. I am lucky that my wife even though she is pregnant with our first and hasn’t got to drink my beer is supporting and helping me with my new hobby. We just brewed the Blood orange today.

SWMBO of the month!

I gave my wife awesome credit for wanting to help me with the hefeweizen we brewed a couple weeks ago. This is awesome on a whole other level though. Of course, my birthday isn't for a couple months, so I'll give her til then to surprise me with something like this. ;-)

I saw "wife" and "laying on the bed" in the first sentence, and thought this was going in a "Penthouse Letters" kind of direction!

In any case, sounds like a keeper!

Good stuff.

My wife is awesome as well. She is also pregnant and I was travelling on business when my third batch blew up in the primary. No activity when I left and she called me saying the top blew and their was beer on all of the walls and roof. Lost about one gallon. Anyways, she cleaned it all up without complaint although I'm only allowed to brew beer now for the weekend so I'm home now for the first few days.

You should've turned around and said, "WTF is this!!!??? I said FIFTEEN GALLONS!!!! DAMN IT!!!!!". Tooootally just joking!! :p Congrats man, that is totally awesome. My wife is uber supportive of it as well. Heck, she's the one that got me into it by getting me a brewkit for Christmas.

Rev.

My wife completely supports my homebrewing.....but her only participation consists in the use of a bottle opener.

It's about the same with my wife. When I showed her how easy/cheap it is,she was all for my spending the money on a brewing kit. She gets all excited when I have some bottles done chilling for the weekend! She really loves my beer better than BMC. She even wants to go to the LHBS with me. You have my congratulations!

Pics of the SWMBO & Equipment or it didn't happen! ;)

Here is half:
IMG_0409.jpg

my other helper love the camera
IMG_0408.jpg

That's great! After my wife read my first ever score sheet from the NHC, she says to me "Well, I guess you'll need to get some more equipment!" She also, is preggo with our first! Must be the hormones...

#1: She's not my wife. ;-)

#2: "By the way, honey.. I stopped by the LHBS and dropped $150 on carboys and 22oz bottles." "Cool!"

#3: She loves my beer.

#4: She likes football and fishing.

#5: She says things like "Did you need that [$500 gadget] for your band? Why not get it?"

#6: She's Irish. And a redhead.

(This list could go on awhile....)

my wife helps me bottle. now that's devotion. what a PITA it would be w/o her. everyone hates bottling, but she doesn't seem to mind.

The dog enjoy the beer too?

The only thing he tries to take without a go ahead is beer. I made him a beer hound.

McMalty, My wife actually likes to bottle as well. As long as I cap. It is much easier to do with her help then by myself

The only thing he tries to take without a go ahead is beer. I made him a beer hound.

McMalty, My wife actually likes to bottle as well. As long as I cap. It is much easier to do with her help then by myself

so much easier. she handles all the bottles. she hands me the bottles and i fill them, a case at a time. then she puts caps on them and hands them to me, then puts them in a box for me. cuts my time and effort by at least half.

so much easier. she handles all the bottles. she hands me the bottles and i fill them, a case at a time. then she puts caps on them and hands them to me, then puts them in a box for me. cuts my time and effort by at least half.

I set the bottles out on the open dishwasher door, my wife fills and hands to me and i cap. its so much easier, faster, and more pleasant than solo bottling.

My wife only "tolerates" my new found love of homebrewing. She is certain it is like one of the other hundreds of hobbies that have come and gone. She may be wrong because after testing my first finished brew yesterday, this is the most rewarding hobby yet. She is not a beer drinker however she has asked that i brew a strawberry type beer for her so I am researching this now. Hopefully i can come up with something great and I will be the next one brgging about what my SWMBO brought home for me :)

I just had to smile Monday morning when I sat down at the comp,& my wife walks in. I told her to look at her airlock,happily chugging away. She bends down to look at it,smiles while shaking her little fists,& says"yes!yes!yes! Go baby! Go baby!". That was so freaking cool to see my little noob get excited about her 1st effort!:rockin::ban::mug:

My wife is pregnant too, but I doubt she'd be happy if I purchased those items (let alone buy them for me... HA)

She doesn't drink beer, though... and just barely tolerates my brewing so far.

On my "to purchase someday" list:
1. everything you just got
2. 1 or 2 tap kegging system (with "dorm" style fridge)

Back