Yet Another Michibrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeH

Reaction score
I'm in Plymouth, half an hour west of Detroit and half an hour east of Ann Arbor. My future in-laws used to brew, and I've always wanted to give it a shot. At the end of last year I borrowed their equipment and picked up a Brewers Best Irish Stout kit from Adventures in Homebrewing.

My obsession has gone downhill from there, my coworkers are sick of hearing about how the beer is doing and SWMBO is wondering where her cooking gadgets are disappearing to (but turnabout is fair play, my wire mesh strainer is suddenly hers). I just racked my second batch to secondary, a Scottish Ale with whiskey-soaked oak chips.

Thanks to everyone here for all the help they've unwittingly given me through answering others questions, and for reminding me to RDWAHAHB and that beer is tough to screw up.

P.S. Anyone else going to Grand Rapids for the Winter Beer Fest?

Greetings! Another Michigan brewer here. I'm still a newb, although I started brewing with my first batch in... around 1990. My friend's father was an avid winemaker, and I was very curious, but since I didn't care for wine, he suggested we try brewing a batch of beer instead. It turned out pretty well!

I've done a few batches since then, on and off, and I still don't feel like I've gotten the hang of it yet! I'm shooting to do 3-4 batches a year. More if the wife doesn't complain!

Married, 2 girls

I got way too many hobbies, including playing guitar, working on my cars (69 Mustang Coupe, 59 Edsel 2-door Hardtop), working on computers, plus everything else...

Welcome from Ann Arbor. Welcome to the obsession and good luck with your brewing.

A big "Hidy" from the Mt Pleasant/Alma area.

Have fun at fit/turd ballpark, I'm on call that w/e

Homercidal said:
Greetings! ...
Married, 2 girls

quote]

You're Married to two girls. I can hardly deal with the one. :)

Ben

welcome from monroe, I have to say I love downtown plymouth (dated a girl in college from canton so I got to know the area)

and I have to say I'll be at the beer fest, and don't forget the one in the yipsi in the summer :)

GeorgeH said:
P.S. Anyone else going to Grand Rapids for the Winter Beer Fest?

Yup Im going it will be a blast, it used to be here in Lansing!

Homercidal said:
Married, 2 girls
Do you know a Tim Buell?? From Reed City??

RICLARK said:
Yup Im going it will be a blast, it used to be here in Lansing!

Do you know a Tim Buell?? From Reed City??

The name sounds familiar. I'm not all that knowledgeable abotu people here. I've lived here more than 15 years, but I'm not all that social. Getting more so all the time. I think Tim owns a business?? I'll have to look it up.

Homercidal said:
The name sounds familiar. I'm not all that knowledgeable abotu people here. I've lived here more than 15 years, but I'm not all that social. Getting more so all the time. I think Tim owns a business?? I'll have to look it up.

I have not talked to him in about a year and half, Just wondered if you knew him cause id like to get in contact with him again he was one of my buddies I drove truck with at one of my old jobs and when I quit I lost contact.

Latest posts

Back