Frozen!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_the_greek

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm an ass. I've been called that by a few I'm sure, but I really did it this time. I went on vacation to Napa (loved the wine but I'm definitely back in the mood for beer :cross: ) while a keg was in my mini fridge but apparently it was too cold. I went to throw so gas in the keg and shake and well... nothing happened. I opened the top and there was a 5 gallon beer popsicle starring at me. What do I do next? I turned the fridge down but will this beer be funky? No I did NOT get or even check to see if any liquid came off, I want beer and only beer... for beverages at least ;)
Thanks for any input guys.

huh. well, i'd think it would be fine if you put it under pressure and you move it to room temperature to thaw out, but not really sure...

i've left some bottled beers in the freezer and they always turned out flat, but ok tasting. i think that's just cuz the co2 came out of them and through the caps.

Latest posts

Back