Vintage Geuze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My local liquor store got in a case (yes, a full case) of vintage 1996 Cantillon Geuze. (blended with 1, 2, and 3 year old geuze, then aged for 10.5 years)

I bought a bottle (at $30), and gave it to a friend for Christmas.

Tonight we uncorked the bottle and had it---

It was balanced, smooth, tart, and absolutely phenomenol. Certainly, this is one beer that matured and got better with age. It was by far the best geuze I've had, and I've had many.

I'm planning on buying another bottle for New Year's. :rockin:

Just wanted to share this rare gem that I found, as this is a treat not many get to experience on behalf of their local beer store..
:mug:

If anyone else has had any rare or interesting finds, please post!!

Man, I would pay twice that for a bottle of '96 Cantillon! You are very lucky, Gueuze is one of my favorite styles and Cantillon is one of my favorite breweries. We had the pleasure of touring the brewery a couple of years ago and it is an amazing sight to see. Especially the aging cellars. Wouldn't happened to be interested in a beer swap would you? I'd love to get my hands on some of that vintage Cantillon. A friend of mine brought a bottle of the Cantillon Spuyten Duyvil to my Holiday Party this year, It is a lambic made with New Jersey cranberries specifically for the Spuyten Duyvil Bar in Brooklyn. It was amazing and unfortunately discontinued. Probably the oldest beers I have tried have been a Liefman's Goudenband at 10 years and Saison de Pipaix also at 10 years, Both aged very well.

Back