Okay, I usually try to avoid this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, I've been brewing for a while now and hoped I was beyond these excited giddy postings that are pretty much USELESS to everyone else, but a co-worker of mine just gave me his old all grain setup. It's just a simple bucket based false bottom/sparge arm setup, but I'm thrilled to be trying out some partial mash and all grain recipes very soon!!! :rockin:

Congrats, his loss your gain. Good luck I'm about to make the jump to AG also.

dude, I am jealous. you have a right to be giddy. I have a few brew pots that I mash with a large grain bag ghetto style on the stove (I've acquired three separate people's extract set ups, vis-a-vis three brew pots). for being just a bucket those are sweet, especially if you insulate the outside

Congrats, his loss your gain.

Amen to that!

free equipment is never a bad thing in my book.

Agreed!

for being just a bucket those are sweet, especially if you insulate the outside

That's what I'm looking into right now. I want to make sure that they'll maintain the heat. He said that, with the lid on, they did a pretty good job of holding the temp, but I may look into a few insurance options.

Back