Pi$$ed movie critic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlightyBrewer

Reaction score
I've just watched, or rather endured, Guy Ritchie's latest two hours of cinematographic torture called "Revolver". It is, I can safely say, the most pretentious pile of crap that I have ever sat through in my entire life. I like art, don't get me wrong, but I draw the line at this type of "art". I even got up and left my own living room, but before I left I asked my DVD player for my money back!!

So in summary, don't bother renting it, it is ****!

But on the upside, whilst watching this pile of skunk dump, I enjoyed a glass of Badgers Champion Ale, Bateman's Victory Ale, and Leffe Brune....so all was not lost. :D

Lock stock was a cool film, very entertaining. Snatch was also very good. Somewhere along the line, Guy Ritchie has gone a little insane, lost the plot, checked out...IMHO.

That sucks. Lock Stock and Snatch rule, esp. Snatch. I was looking forward to seeing Revolver. I never bothered with the one with Madonna in it, but I'll probably still check out Revolver, just because.

I had honestly forgotten about it until you posted this. I haven't seen it advertised over here at all.

BlightyBrewer said:
But on the upside, whilst watching this pile of skunk dump, I enjoyed a glass of Badgers Champion Ale, Bateman's Victory Ale, and Leffe Brune....so all was not lost. :D
Lock Stock is a classic but i've never seen Snatch. Looks like i'll be avoiding Revolver. At least the beer got you through - I like the Batemans Victory!

Caplan said:
Lock Stock is a classic but i've never seen Snatch. Looks like i'll be avoiding Revolver. At least the beer got you through - I like the Batemans Victory!

Snatch has reached classic status over here. It is better than Lock Stock if you ask me.

Snatch is one of those movies I wish they would make a "prequel" to, so we can have all the same people from the first one that died. Pulp Fiction and Lebowski are ones I'd love to see prequels to as well. The movies would probably suck but it would satisfy my selfish desire for more entertainment from what I know worked the first time around. :D

Back