How far is your commute? (one way)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I travel about 32.6 miles to work (one way). I live so far away b/c the rent is cheap ($675).

.8 miles. Its great because we are a one car family (Un-American, I know). I usually bike there but since I broke my collarbone 6 weeks ago I have been walking.

Ted

approximately 54 miles
but rent here is still less than closer to work by more than the cost of gas with my car so im ahead.....its not bad, and the time gives me the ability to catch up on podcasts of the week

My van is in my driveway! I walk outside in the am and I am officially at work. My GF works from home, so her commute is even shorter than mine. We fill up the gas tank on the car once a month, sometimes it'll go even longer.

My van is in my driveway! I walk outside in the am and I am officially at work. My GF works from home, so her commute is even shorter than mine. We fill up the gas tank on the car once a month, sometimes it'll go even longer.

You work from your van in the driveway? What do you do?

23.5 miles according to Google maps. On average, I drive it twice a week and then take a free bus to and from work the other 3 days.

14.3 miles to my weekend job and I drive that every time.

Well, I walk to my work van, then drive off to wherever(usually Issaquah, Snoqualmie, or North Bend), but I don't have to "commute" anywhere to get to work.

About 15 steps. I work from home. When I did commute, it was about 35 miles and took anywhere from 30 at 4:30 AM to 60 min depending on traffic.

65 miles one way *sigh*

But like Nealf said, my rent is cheaper. Plus I live by the water, and for the most part when I'm home I can walk to nearly everything including the lhbs...

30 mind each way, but only because I refuse to live in the skank area that our facilities are in.

It's a mile if I walk from my front door. I am lazy, drive to work and park in the back lot, so it's more like a mile and a half. I could save money on gas, but since my truck usually only goes to and from work, a tank will last me a couple weeks.

34 miles (1 way)
I't an easy commute, the freeway drops me off almost on top of my job.
In the winter it can get pretty ugly, with the wind and snow on I-80, but thats usually only a hand full of days each winter. (That's what I keep telling myself).

It use to be 90 minutes each way from long island. (60 on train, then 30 on subway/foot). Then in August I bit the bullet and moved into the city. It's expensive but I gain 2 hours of free time each day, which is priceless.

Usually about 30 steps. Traffic can be a bear if the cats are playing on the stairs blocking my path. Occasionally there is a collision with the dog. Usually it's uneventful. :D

I go into the office when I need to use the fax machine or ship something. It's 12 miles one way. Since I work for a group of folks in California it makes no difference.

Mine is about 10 miles and mostly highway so it takes me about 10-15 minutes to get there. I would bike to work, but if I did that I would have to take all the back roads and it turns into a 22 mile commute.

~30 miles one way to D.C., which, depending on traffic, can mean ~40 minutes on a great day or 60+ minutes during rush hour. Luckily, there is a train service 3 miles from my apartment, so I ride the train for 35 minutes and then walk about 15 minutes from Union Station in DC to my office.

10 miles
With stupid Atlanta traffic, who knows how long that can take. Usually takes 20-30 minutes. I could take public transportation but that would take 1+ hours.

10 miles
With stupid Atlanta traffic, who knows how long that can take. Usually takes 20-30 minutes. I could take public transportation but that would take 1+ hours.

I guess Marta is not Smarta....

About 15 steps, but I travel to visit clients about twice a month and that can be anywhere from 60 miles to several hundred.

I'm pretty well contained- office phone/VPN/fax.

revvy has me beat I only do 60 miles one way by the most direct route on the back roads about 1.5 hours average, If I were to go via the interstate it would be 90 miles and 2+ hours on a good day in rush hour. There is no public transportation option for me so I drive a diesel Beetle that gets almost 50mpg and listen to a lot of audio books.

Rick

36km each way and this year with a new helper it has been 6 days a week - only had 2 saturdays off since april.

There was an older thread about this, which I can't find. So how far do you travel, one way, to work?

i think i made that thread ages ago...

I travel about 32.6 miles to work (one way). I live so far away b/c the rent is cheap ($675).

about the same here, 33 miles, rent is about $400 cheaper out here.... it's about 45 mins in the morning and a little over an hour at night coming home...

Approximately 10 steps. From the coffeepot in the kitchen, to my desk in the office!

I still visit clients in their homes and pick up my work mail at the hospital, but mostly I work at home. I fill in in other departments at the hospital, and on those days it's a 2 mile commute each way.

Back